optimizing results

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

optimizing results

Postby gmc14 » March 31st, 2013, 11:58 am

I just started my hypnotized journey and I am hooked! I am looking to reshape my mind into something more feminine, the panty curse is pretty exciting.
my question is how often do you try to listen to a file to get the most benefit, looping several times in a row, once in the morning/once at night, once a day or less?
I know some of this depends on the person but what seems to work best for most people?
I'm excited to change and grow!
gmc14

Postby Alien4420 » June 23rd, 2013, 8:05 am

Once a day -- very rapid results but then you'll enter a period of resistance and they'll only climb back gradually and only if you keep listening.

Once a week -- this will gradually produce effects, and they will tend to be long term. A good pattern if you're looking primarily for long-term effects from a number of files since it allows you to rotate them.

Looping a file once -- if you really want to master something or are resisting it, this can be quite effective since you're more likely to accept the suggestions on the second go. (There is some research that suggests that repetition of a desensitizing stimulus about 10 mins after it was first given is more effective at curing phobias. I think many hypnosis files already have this built in, in that they'll repeat suggestions a few times at widely-spaced intervals.) More than once and my mind tends to wander, but others may react differently.

Morning and night -- I've found this useful when highly resistant to a file since resistance recurs overnight (when episodic memory gets rewritten and the day's experienced are consolidated with prior experience) and that it can occur during the day as you think about something. The idea here is that by listening to the file twice you never get to the point where you are able to break free of the suggestion to listen again. But with most files, I find that isn't necessary -- I can't break free of the suggestion to listen as long as I listen once a day (but usually can if I skip a day).

That being said, I think a lot of it depends on the specific file -- if you're more resistant to a file or less into it or it's producing deeper changes, it requires a lot more listening. Also if you're after permanent changes, e.g., if you want to turn into a whippet for the afternoon one listen should be enough but if you want to turn into a whippet forever, you'll have to listen for months or even years.
Alien4420
Annoyance
Annoyance

Return to General Hypnosis