Music, and am I on the right track?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Music, and am I on the right track?

Postby MartinB » November 9th, 2005, 4:32 pm

Hi everyone,

I just found this site yesterday and have downloaded a few of the files. There are a lot that I am interested in trying, but I'm patient and will try to get simpler ones working first before moving onto more the advanced stuff.

I was wondering whether having relaxing background music playing, such as the Myst or Riven soundtrack would help me go into trance? I love the emotional and relaxing effect of music and it seems to have a lot of influence over me. But I'm unsure whether it might be distracting? Whenever I've seen live hypnotists on stage, they always had music playing during the hypnotism.

I also just wanted to confirm that I'm on the right track more than anything. I lie down in darkness with headphones. I usually don't feel like I can't move, I just feel like I don't want to move. Once my vision started flashing a little, like a faint strobe light, and my visual imagination increased a little (I'm not very good at visual imagination, perhaps because my vision is very poor), and once I also felt the bed was moving downwards. Usually, my body feels a bit tense from being pulled down, which kind of makes it hard to relax.

Anyways, I will persist and I'm patient. I'm just wondering how long it takes one to really get a true effect from, say, the freeze trigger? I don't know. I've know hypnosis is real, and have used it myself to induce lucid dreaming with great success (or perhaps it was coincidence? Either way, I truly do believe hypnotism is real), but I just can't see myself turning into a human mannequin when someone says a simple phrase and then being unable to move at all. I do truly want this to work.

Cheers,
Martin
MartinB

Re: Music, and am I on the right track?

Postby Jack » November 9th, 2005, 6:27 pm

MartinB wrote:I just found this site yesterday and have downloaded a few of the files. There are a lot that I am interested in trying, but I'm patient and will try to get simpler ones working first before moving onto more the advanced stuff.
Welcome to the neighborhood!!

MartinB wrote:I was wondering whether having relaxing background music playing, such as the Myst or Riven soundtrack would help me go into trance? I love the emotional and relaxing effect of music and it seems to have a lot of influence over me. But I'm unsure whether it might be distracting? Whenever I've seen live hypnotists on stage, they always had music playing during the hypnotism.
Do whatever helps you to feel most comfortable and relaxed during your hypnotic sessions.

MartinB wrote:Usually, my body feels a bit tense from being pulled down, which kind of makes it hard to relax.
Whenever this starts to happen you need to remember that the more your body tenses the more you can allow it to relax.

MartinB wrote:I'm just wondering how long it takes one to really get a true effect from, say, the freeze trigger?
That depends on one thing: You. I could take one session, it could take twenty, or it could take somewhere between.

MartinB wrote:I do truly want this to work.
Good! Let me give you some really good hypnotic advice from Dave Elman: Want it to happen. Let it happen.

Jack
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby stefan4711 » November 9th, 2005, 6:56 pm

Martin,

Maybee you should try the resitinduction file. Th edescription says
"This induction file uses your resistance to help put you under through a sequence of tightening and relaxing your muscles." That might just work for you.

/Stefan
stefan4711
Regular
Regular

Postby MartinB » November 9th, 2005, 7:44 pm

Hey thanks!

I just came out of a trance. I found that even simple music was too distracting, but using a single deep string sound playing constantly (e.g. pressing and using something to hold down a key on a music keyboard) seemed to enhance it greatly, not only by helping to blank my mind, but also blocking outside noise (computer fans, housemates, cars, etc.).

I had a different feeling this time, still a bit tense (and relaxed at the same time, does that even make sense?), but also I kind of felt like I was spinning around, sometimes rolling backwards and upsidedown, and sometimes spinning around as though the bed was spinning, and had some strange quick 'rocking' very fast slightly from side to side sensations. It was definitely positive though, I definitely liked the sensations and must say that I haven't felt anything like it before.

The VisualizeHelp file seems to be incredibly useful too. I didn't realise that my mind was able to construct such images whilst sober. Great stuff! :)

I will still give the ResistInduction file a go anyways and see how it goes. It certainly sounds like a useful one.
MartinB

Postby stefan4711 » November 9th, 2005, 7:52 pm

Martin,

Good luck. From your description of your trance it sounds like you almost is where you would like to be.
stefan4711
Regular
Regular

Postby MartinB » November 10th, 2005, 5:39 am

Yes. But I also definitely feel that I could go further, especially since it's only my second day trying, and I thought that it would be very hard for me to go under. It did take a little effort to stay in the state though, as I would become excited about it which would make me easily go slightly back out of it and kind of keep shifting between states.
MartinB

Postby Bullseye » November 10th, 2005, 3:10 pm

MartinB wrote:but also I kind of felt like I was spinning around, sometimes rolling backwards and upsidedown, and sometimes spinning around as though the bed was spinning, and had some strange quick 'rocking' very fast slightly from side to side sensations.

Thats called Hypnagogic Imagery, people practising to induce Lucid Dreams(not by hypnosis) often come across it, you were probaly very deep for that to happen.
Bullseye

Postby MartinB » November 10th, 2005, 6:42 pm

I've been doing a lot of lucid dream practice (had about 23 lucid dreams since July), though nothing like that has ever happened. I think that would only be related to the WILD (Wake-Induced Lucid Dreaming) technique though, right?

Incidently, I found this site because I was looking for a good way to induce lucid dreams, and hypnosis strikes me as probably being one of the most effective.
MartinB

Postby Bullseye » November 11th, 2005, 1:25 pm

Thats exactly the same as me :!:
I have bad recall :evil: , so I havnt had a chance to have a Lucid dreams, still working on my recall!
Bullseye

Postby MartinB » November 13th, 2005, 5:50 pm

Well Bullseye, I don't think lucid dreaming is really too difficult. When I first found out what it was, I became pretty obsessive with it, started a dream journal the next day, tried self-hypnosis the following and was doing reality checks constantly from the day I found out about them. It only took me 5 nights before I had my first lucid dream and it was a pretty vivid one too, lasted a good few minutes. I think that it helps if lucid dreaming is really a priority on your mind and you don't have many other things to worry about.
MartinB

Postby Bullseye » November 15th, 2005, 2:55 pm

Lucky You! :evil:
:cry:
Bullseye

Postby MartinB » November 15th, 2005, 8:08 pm

Don't worry... Keep it on your mind but (don't stress about it), pay attention to your surroundings as much as possible and you'll get one soon enough. :)
MartinB

Postby MikeWulf » November 18th, 2005, 8:24 am

Bullseye wrote:
MartinB wrote:but also I kind of felt like I was spinning around, sometimes rolling backwards and upsidedown, and sometimes spinning around as though the bed was spinning, and had some strange quick 'rocking' very fast slightly from side to side sensations.

Thats called Hypnagogic Imagery, people practising to induce Lucid Dreams(not by hypnosis) often come across it, you were probaly very deep for that to happen.
Eh, right...Anyway, that is good signs of trance... It's not that you were deep when it happened, but since it was your seconds go at it I would suggest that you will go very deep soon.
MikeWulf
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis