no smoking !!!!

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

no smoking !!!!

Postby donna_cd » December 4th, 2005, 5:26 pm

hi everyone,i'm seriously going to try to stop my filty expensive smoking habit asap & am wondering if anyone here has had any luck with the files available for ceasing the habit?? any tips would be very gratefully received thanks !
donna_cd
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » December 5th, 2005, 8:09 am

I haven't heard the files, because I don't smoke. I create my own files for people that want to stop smoking. But I CAN give you a few pointers:

Do not try to quit if you are not completely resolved to stop smoking. Hypnosis can increase your ability to stop smoking, but you need to have a strong wish to do so.

You should use a few days to build up your motivation and resolve before doing it. That way you will already be halfway there: During a couple of days you have created a strong wish to stop smoking, and you have set a timeline saying - for instance - that "on Friday I will quit smoking by using hypnosis". That way it will be easier for your subconscious to accept.

Don't expect hypnosis to take away all your wanting to smoke as well as your abstinence. It might, but don't count on it. If you hear the file, and immediately feel strong and ready - then fine. If however after a day or two you want and crave a smoke, then listen to the file again - and each time the want becomes too strong. Once you stop - stop completely and don't give in to the urge to have just one smoke.

When all this is said, hypnosis is a strong and powerful tool and if you follow these guidelines, I don't expect you to have any problems. EMG usually makes fine files.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Re: no smoking !!!!

Postby Desdi » December 5th, 2005, 9:42 am

donna_cd wrote: hi everyone,i'm seriously going to try to stop my filty expensive smoking habit asap & am wondering if anyone here has had any luck with the files available for ceasing the habit?? any tips would be very gratefully received thanks !

I've had some luck. The stop smoking file is the only file from this site that I've listened to with any regularity -- the others are mostly just for a prurient thrill, and thus I don't really have the motivation to use them that often. ;)

First, a little background. I'm 27 years old, and have been smoking since I was 13. For at least the past 10 years or so, my habit has been very excessive; I've been smoking at least 2 packs a day during that time period. I'm what you might call an addictive personality, I suppose. ;)

I started listening to EMG's stop smoking file about three weeks ago. In that time, and keeping in mind that I've made no other conscious effort to quit, I've gone from just over 2 packs a day down to less than half a pack a day.

Please also keep in mind that I've had little or no success personally with self-hypnosis before this, so if you have concerns about your ability to go into trance, be assured that I had them as well.

I totally understand where you're coming from. I figure that, on top of the health concerns, I'm spending a good ~$3,000 (USD) per year on cigarettes. That alone is enough to make me want to quit.

You really should try the file. You don't have anything to lose, after all. I wouldn't worry about the "submissive personality" disclaimer in the file's description either. That originally gave me pause, but when I actually listened, I found that the file isn't any more submissively-slanted than any of EMG's other files.

Good luck. :)

PS. Cardigan's advice is excellent, too.
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, and those are some pretty good odds.
Desdi

Re: no smoking !!!!

Postby donna_cd » December 5th, 2005, 6:03 pm

[.

You really should try the file. You don't have anything to lose, after all. I wouldn't worry about the "submissive personality" disclaimer in the file's description either. That originally gave me pause, but when I actually listened, I found that the file isn't any more submissively-slanted than any of EMG's other files.

Good luck. :)

PS. Cardigan's advice is excellent, too.[/quote]
well the submissive thing wont bother me as i have a sub personality anyway !! thanx for the tips & good luck with the 'giving up' xxx
donna_cd
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis