Weird experience

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Weird experience

Postby anthrax » December 15th, 2005, 3:41 pm

Last night I tried something I haven’t done before.

Usually I only listen to one file at a time, but I managed to find an hour to myself so I mixed a few file bodies together with an induction at the start.
This would be the longest I've been in a trance before so I was a tiny bit nervous, but I didn't let that get to me, and apart from this one bad experience, I was in a trance the whole time.

About half way through all the files (there were about 4 bodies, plus the induction), my arm started to hurt. I tried not to pay attention to it and just keep focused on EMG's voice, but it kept coming back to me.
I ended up being able to move my hand a little but to my surprise, my hand was completely numb! 8O Moving it did help a little, as some blood went rushing back into it, but it was still a little unnerving.

Usually when I go under, I feel tingling in my hands and feet, sometimes my face a only once my entire body. Is this because blood has stopped flowing to my extremities or something?

I’ll try the hour long one again this weekend if I can, but in a different position (I was lying down with my hands on my chest). Perhaps it was just the way my arm was sitting.

What's the point of becoming something in life...

...why can't I just be me...?
anthrax
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » December 15th, 2005, 4:01 pm

I think that the position you were in must have cut off the circulation to the arm or something. I recommend lying flat on your back with your arms to your side and legs straight. I think you will also find that this is an excellent position to relax in.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby Jack » December 15th, 2005, 4:47 pm

What position(s) do you trance-out in?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby anthrax » December 15th, 2005, 4:52 pm

Jack wrote:What position(s) do you trance-out in?

I was lying on my back with my arms bent, my hands resting on my chest, my elbows resting on the bed. I suppose the pressure on that part of the joint, where the "funny bone" is, was stopping circulation, or perhaps putting pressure on a nerve or two. Not enough to cause pain straight away, but after 30-40 minutes it was enough. It went away pretty quickly after I got up too, so I'm gathering it was a circulation thing.

What's the point of becoming something in life...

...why can't I just be me...?
anthrax
Regular
Regular

Postby Jack » December 15th, 2005, 5:40 pm

Sounds probable to me. Perhaps fairly thin pillows under your arms or moving your hands down to the region of your pelvis or lower abdomen might help. Let us know what you find that works.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby groomlakeguy » December 16th, 2005, 6:58 pm

Just a clarification. When hands, feet or other parts of the body go numb like that, it's NOT because the circulation has stopped, or decreased. It's simply nerves becoming pinched, so the signals can't get through properly.
If circulation really had stopped, your arm would probably change colour quite markedly...
groomlakeguy
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis