Only affected while drunk

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Only affected while drunk

Postby dlhusband » October 8th, 2012, 12:30 am

My wife has been openly receptive to the idea of hypnosis. The problem is she so far has been only hypnotically receptive while drunk.

When she is sober, the files (even training ones) have no effect. When she gets buzzed enough, and I give her a trigger, she says she feels a sort of "jolt" but it doesn't take hold. Only when she is drunk does it have any effect (tracks and subsequently triggers).

If she listens to a track sober, nothing works, ever, not even drunk. If she listens to the track drunk, it only affects her while drunk.

I see potential here, but not sure where to go from here. Thoughts?
dlhusband

Postby Foxfuz » October 8th, 2012, 10:09 pm

While drunk you inhibitions are down and you a normally suggestible to a lot of things.

What you want to do when sober is, when you are listening to a file it's best to not think about the effect of it. All you need to do is listen to the file and make sure you don't get distracted or think of anything else. It's best to silence any thoughts that might pop up during the hypnotic session and return focus on the hypnotist.
Foxfuz
Regular
Regular

Postby stan » October 9th, 2012, 4:31 pm

What exactly is the goal here ?

When she's drunk is she generally a bit more randy, up for it and willing ?
That's inhibition for you.

Perhaps it's because she's really ok with sexy hypnosis when she's feeling sexy.
A more deliberate stress/massage/relaxation style for sober.

Have you established that hypnosis is ok. Hypno-orgasms aren't cheating and that you're supposed to love her enough to fuck properly first?
(That surprised me. A subconscious telling you that hypnotic orgasms don't count even thought they are quite nice and there had better be a proper one or three pretttty soon or it's not co-operating)

You know, it's interesting to watch a person that is maybe a little tipsy respond to suggestions that they are a lot tipsy.
Look at an induction called "drug of choice" for some inspiration. hint: [url=http://www.altfeld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18]try this link[/url]. Your drug is alcohol and her already a bit tipsy. One glass buzzing becomes deep trance.
stan
Regular
Regular

Postby dlhusband » October 9th, 2012, 11:15 pm

I'll be honest, stan. I have no idea where the heck you were going with that comment. Did you read a topic by someone else and it stuck in your mind when you replied to mine?

Sex isn't the center of the hypnosis files being used, if that is what you were implying.
dlhusband

Postby stan » October 10th, 2012, 11:58 am

I will write it again.

What exactly is the goal here ? What are you trying to achieve with hypnosis. A cock sucking slut? Some relaxation time for her ?
A nice trip into memories of a sunny day at the beach ?

What files has she listened to. What triggers are you trying to get a response to. Is that what she wants or is that what you want her to try hoping it works ?

How does she respond normally. You said triggers "have a bit of a jolt". That's a feeling. It's something. You say when she is drunk she is receptive. Does she not want to hypnotised at all otherwise?
If she is drunk and that's when she is willing what is her state of mind at the time ?When she's drunk is she generally a bit more randy, up for it and willing ?
If she is that is the effect of the alcohol lowering inhibitions.
They say that under hypnosis you can't be made to do something you don't want to - that's inhibition for you.

So perhaps it's because she's really ok with your trying to turn her into a slut or bimbo or get her horny and do sexy hypnosis when she's feeling sexy already ?

Have you tried a more measured and normal use of hypnosis ? Perhaps with a focus on stress/massage/relaxation style.

Have you asked her what she wants from hypnosis ?
Have you established that hypnosis is ok. You know that conversation in which you said "darling I have this file that makes you really want to suck cock - any cock but hopefully mine - when I say "magic donkey" to you" and she thought this was both a great idea and volunteered that sometimes she quite likes sucking your cock already ?

If she doesn't want hypnosis and you think magically clicking your fingers and she cums is the bestest trick in the whole world have you established some ground rules. Like Hypno-orgasms aren't cheating and that you're supposed to love her enough to fuck properly first?
(Discovering this surprised me. A subjects subconscious told me hypnotic orgasms don't count even thought they are quite nice and there had better be a proper one or three pretttty soon or it's not co-operating)

So assuming you've done that and want to hypnotise her and understand the hypnosis process rather than give her something someone else recorded of dubious quality.
Here's how you could perhaps develop when she is interested in being hypnotised and use it - without necessary calling it hypnosis.

You know, it's interesting to watch a person that is maybe a little tipsy respond to suggestions that they are a lot tipsy. Far be it from me to say there are some excellent examples out there but it won't hurt you to read a bit about a style of hypnosis called Ericksonian. Pretty clever chap - if only because his success and model got adopted.
If you want to learn a bit about a method you can use look at an induction called "drug of choice" for some inspiration. hint: [url=http://www.altfeld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18]try this link[/url]. Your drug is alcohol and her already a bit tipsy. One glass buzzing becomes deep trance.

Hope that helps clarify.
Really all I had to post was the link to "drug of choice". the rest you can work out.
stan
Regular
Regular

Postby dlhusband » October 10th, 2012, 7:46 pm

I guess I should have stated more earlier, but I didn't even think to. My wife and I are very analytical thinkers. Nothing has ever helped me in hypnosis. Her, on the other hand, is able to be aided by alcohol, both in being subconsciously open to the hypnosis as well as the results from it.

She gets absolutely no reactions to triggers if she is sober, or if she went through the hypnosis sober.

As I stated in my last post, the hypnosis does not deal with sex. We have no need for sexual hypnosis that either of us can't legitimately give each other already. And we do.

Your posts have really no relevance, stan. It rings of a copy/paste job.

Let me rehash for you:

Original post:
dlhusband wrote:My wife has been openly receptive to the idea of hypnosis. The problem is she so far has been only hypnotically receptive while drunk.

Secondary reply:
dlhusband wrote:Sex isn't the center of the hypnosis files being used, if that is what you were implying.

The files aren't ones that I, and only I, want. These are files she wants to try.

Relaxation, meditation, and other various tracks do not help. I've had quite a bit of experience on both ends of the spectrum. My first wife was very, very receptive to hypnosis (including ones that she didn't necessarily care for). I, as stated, am not receptive to hypnosis at all, and have tried many, many different ways to become receptive over a couple year span. My wife is somewhere in between.

If it was purely sex related hypnosis, I'd have no problem with the alcohol being the instigator. But its not. It's a mix of ageplay and other non-sexual, non-regressive hypnosis tracks that we prefer doesn't involve alcohol. And no, she isn't more "randy" when drunk.
dlhusband

Postby Foxfuz » October 10th, 2012, 10:09 pm

Saying your not receptive to hypnosis will make it so that you will do a hypnosis session in a mindset that will prevent it from working. If you absolutely belive you can't be suggested to do things in a hypnotic state I would suggest an unorthodox approach to hypnosis session.

What you want to do is pretend you are a good hypnotizable subject. What this does will give you the proper mindset to be hypnotized. It's worked for hypnotherapy and stage hypnosis. Because if you are in the mindset of a hypnotizable person, you can be hypnotized. Saying "your not receptacle to hypnosis" is a suggestion in itself that will prevent you from accepting the suggestions when they are told to you.
Foxfuz
Regular
Regular

Postby stan » October 11th, 2012, 5:47 pm

Look past the fact I gave examples about sex and including blow jobs. I've reached a point in an otherwise kinky life where my idea of normal sexual behaviour is deviant.

So forgive me for responding with an overtly fetish manner on a site that mostly focuses on the outrageous hypnotic fantasies.

I disagree on relevance. I'm trying to give you method.

That post was to point you in the direction of two things.

Conversational Hypnosis methods
Drug of choice, method of induction

and I'll add a third.

Hyperemperia. A method written about by a chap called Don Gibbons.

Foxfuz already commented about your self perception as a hypnotic subject having an impact on your ability to trance.

You say, and so I understand, that your wife now perceives herself as having this problem. She also perceives you as unable to hypnotise her.

Change the method. Don't let her listen to files.
If you must see a hypnotherapist with undisputable skills and years of experience - to tell you both that feeling/sense/focus you don't think is, actual is REALLY hypnosis.

Or. 3 methods I listed. Do a bit of study.
Those are three things you can use without it being 'hypnosis'. Without 'going into trance' as the goal. You don't have to say close your eyes. Mention sleep. Or grab a pocket watch.
You just incorporate it into those activities you do together that already leads in the right direction.

Do you do other kinky BDSM or fetishes. I presume some if you mention ageplay.
What gets her little ? Can you find a first step - is it dressing up. Taking make up off ? Having a bath with bubbles ? Start there for drug of choice.

Do you spank, tie or tease? Focus her attention, the hyperemperia is quite fun for playing pretend games too.

"Monsters and Magical Sticks: There is no such thing as hypnotism" is an interesting read too.

I can tell you about some of the resources I have learnt from. You get to learn and practice them.
stan
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis