n00b question ... Breathing while in Trance

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

n00b question ... Breathing while in Trance

Postby Amorita » March 5th, 2013, 1:26 am

Hiya. I am a total virgin to the site and the idea of hypnosis for BDSM or any kind of mod really. I do have experience with achieving a trance state (though a bit rusty) with transcendental mediation. When I used to meditate I never had this problem but I was listening to my first track (just a general one to achieve a trance state) and it seemed to focus on being still and not move or rather not wanting to move. This was great! I felt fuzzy and detached but I felt as though I wasn't breathing correctly or was short of breath. I didn't like how my chest moving felt. I think I wanted to totally be still.

So my question is... anyone else dealing with this? Is this a good thing or a bad thing or am I just over thinking all of this? Thanks in advance
Amorita

Postby cubes » March 5th, 2013, 2:59 am

I used to have a bit of trouble with that too. I felt like I only went deep when I was completely still, and every time I took a breath or was told by the hypnotist to take a breath, I got distracted. It was especially true with fast inductions, where there'd be a snap or trigger and I'd try to drop, but then stop breathing and then lose the depth when I had to breathe again.

I got over it when I learned that spending attention on making your breathing slow and steady is actually a great way to trance. There was a good file (I forget which) that has you focus on all aspects of breathing, bit by bit, covering everything from the feel of the cool air as you breathe in through your nose, to the rise of your chest, to the warm air as you breathe out through your mouth, and everything in between. I liked the idea that if I was a bit too warm I could focus on the cool air, and if I was chilly I could focus on the warm :)

If I ever feel like I'm over-analyzing a file now or am having trouble unwinding, I just pay attention to my breathing, don't care if I'm ignoring the audio or not, and it works wonders. Eventually you forget that you're thinking about breathing, like always.

So I think the solution is to warm up to the idea that paying deep attention to your body, including your breathing, can be part of a wonderful trance state. *Even* if a hypnotist tells you "you can't even feel your body anymore" or something like that, whatever response you have, including being fully aware of your body and breathing, is totally fine.

As for "breathing correctly", just breathe normally, maybe a little bit deeper and slower than normal, but don't sweat it. There's not a technique, just breathe and relax.

Good luck :)
cubes
Regular
Regular

Postby HuntingWolf30 » March 6th, 2013, 5:56 pm

I also tend to focus on my breathing as I go deeper. By the time I lock in solid on the deep trance my breaths are deep and even. The fact that I can forget about them for a length of time helps to let me know how deep I really am.
HuntingWolf30

Postby HornyDude » March 7th, 2013, 11:49 am

deleted
Last edited by HornyDude on July 10th, 2013, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HornyDude
Mentor
Mentor

Postby cubes » March 7th, 2013, 11:43 pm

HornyDude wrote:http://www.warpmymind.com/Files/1284/Cal%26%23039%3Bs-indcution-script.php

wow, that was an amazing induction. wonder what stuff he's got to put after it...
cubes
Regular
Regular

Postby HornyDude » March 8th, 2013, 1:39 am

deleted
Last edited by HornyDude on July 10th, 2013, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HornyDude
Mentor
Mentor

Postby WatDo » March 8th, 2013, 10:09 pm

I have this issue too, and it's made worse because I lay in my bed with the covers over me, so every time I breathe I also think about my body's position, head's position, and the blanket over me.

The best way to trance for me is to wear only my boxers and lay in bed with a neckpillow. It sounds dumb, but it keeps my head from moving and my breathing doesn't make me think of anything else since I don't have a blanket over me.
WatDo
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis