issues when leaving trance

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

issues when leaving trance

Postby hanyuu » November 2nd, 2013, 2:57 am

Heya all.

I have been interested in hypnosis for a long time and have recently bumped into this website. I thought initially that hypnosis wasn't real and alot of it was acting. After listening to my first few files nothing happened. But yesterday I listened to 1 hr doll and during the trance I couldn't move at all. Everything was locked and I was amazed it worked. However the moment I leave trance I lose the effect almost instantly. I have listened to the file several times and it happens repeatedly.

I also seam to struggle with triggers and havnt had a single trigger actually work for me.

After my experience I have completely changed my outlook on hypnosis and would really really like to get some of thesr files actually working as intended on me.

Any suggestions would be awesome

Thanks

Mike
hanyuu

Postby wohermiston » November 2nd, 2013, 7:53 am

Erickson states that to be truly under, the subject must be observed directly and tested by the 'tist. this makes audio files a little harder for success. The hope is that repeated listenings will allow you to become comfortable with the voice. there are deepners and files that help you accept hypnosis more. you could seek out those to add to a play list. I am considering experimenting with idoser.com files which can offer the same thing. don't give up now though, success could be just round the corner.
good luck
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Postby Nate80 » November 2nd, 2013, 10:05 am

wohermiston wrote:Erickson states that to be truly under, the subject must be observed directly and tested by the 'tist. this makes audio files a little harder for success. The hope is that repeated listenings will allow you to become comfortable with the voice. there are deepners and files that help you accept hypnosis more. you could seek out those to add to a play list. I am considering experimenting with idoser.com files which can offer the same thing. don't give up now though, success could be just round the corner.
good luck

personal opinions throughout:

just for the curious, part of the reason for the test is to also convince and reinforce the trance state in the subject. While it is true testing etc is extremely useful, particularly when starting out, it is not essential.

one problem with self hypno (and audios), is most people startig out attempt to check they're in trance and consequently engage the part of the mind that is usually disengaged... bringing them out of trance.

Another issue some people have is misconceptions on what trance feels like. because they expect one thing (typically eyes closed, conscious mind off line), or they expect to go from awake to deep trance from the start.

Trance is different for everyone. some go "zombie mode" almost instantly. others remain lucid and coherent in even the deepest of trances. Some only need a few words, others need considerable work - for which general audios can't account for.

As a result, the easiest way to learn self hypnosis (which can be used at the start of an audio), is to get a one time session with a tist to give you a self trigger (and one only you can use), and personally, describe how you want trance to feel and test it out / tweak it while you're with the tist.
Nate80
Regular
Regular

Postby lew897 » November 2nd, 2013, 10:11 pm

My personal experience has sorta been, trial and error. Lol. But my main theory is that when you want something to happen in trance or out of trance depends on what happens in my normal life. When I first started doing hypnosis I didn't have anything that was anywhere near as committal or life engaging as hypnosis. Once I had this eureka moment I just stop trying to force it all and just be logical about my trance and trance expectations. I just had to wait for my trance training to catch up to being a normal part of life. If your just starting out, I would suggest getting good ear phones, not cheap three dollar ones. Also listen to only one type of file a day or the effects wont work. My trance really took off when I got new head phones and listened to subliminals.

All that being said, a hypnotist definitely will pick apart your brain and help you tons. Because your senseory type could be different to what the file is saying. Some need smell, others need touch. As well as a ton of other stuff, as Im sure everyone on here can go on and on. But when your just starting out being consistant with one file should be enough.
lew897
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis