Stage Hypnosis

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Stage Hypnosis

Postby Linja » April 28th, 2005, 1:47 am

After reading about the "one second induction" thread, I was really curious as to how such a thing works.
And does anybody know of any other techniques used by stage-hypnotists. Particularly fast inductions.
I watched a show about them, and I was amazed at the things this guy could get people to do after such a short time.

Is there anything different they do to achieve such quick results? This thread is basically for the discussion of stage-hypnosis and their techniques.

-Linja
Linja
Mentor
Mentor

Postby gregi696 » April 28th, 2005, 11:41 am

I've seen Jim Wand twice. He comes to my Uni and performs once a year. He does the fast induction with people who have already been hypnotized. He did it in a similar fashion to the ways it was described before. For the majority he uses a focus induction with a flashing light. Part of the reason that stage hypnotism works so well is because all of the people who get hypnotized are completely voluntary. They want to be hypnotized.
gregi696
Mentor
Mentor

Postby kat404 » May 7th, 2005, 9:16 pm

I was hypnotized on stage by [url=www.john-ivanpalmer.com]John-Ivan Palmer[/url].
He was astoundingly fast, able to walk behind the semi-circle of chairs, snapping in each person's ear and saying "Sleeeeep!" and each person to go into their trance.
Upon hearing his snap and his voice, I would uncontrollably slump forward in my chair.
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
kat404

Return to General Hypnosis