Exercise??

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Exercise??

Postby grubs » June 24th, 2006, 12:10 am

OK... so when I go to the gym & do exercises - say sit ups - all that’s happening inside of my body is that stomach muscles (abs & such) are stretching & relaxing (I know there's a more technical term, but I cant think of it off hand, so we'll just use those)...

I've read a couple other posts where people have said something to the effect "Your body can do what it has done before - it’s just remembering"...

What I'm wondering is... would it be possible to create an exercise program, which when triggered, would cause your abs/pecs/other chest muscles, your leg muscles, arm muscles, etc (probably in sets - first the chest, then the legs, then arms - or individually triggered) to "go off" & start flexing themselves.

If you can get it set up right, it could be more beneficial than actual exercising - get more reps in per unit of time... And/or depending on how "server"/noticeable the flexes were - those of us who spend most of our lives at a desk for work - could possibly kill 2 birds with one stone - get some exercise in & get our work done (i.e. if every time I “simulate” a sit up, I hunch over, it prob’ wouldn’t work to well, but if it was more like I kept sucking in & out my gut...)…
grubs

Postby hypnoslave79 » June 24th, 2006, 1:23 am

Or you could just buy an "AbTronic" or something similar which stimulates your muscles with electric pulses. Hypnosis can help you with a lot of things, and maybe you could get your idea to work (at least I can't think of a reason why you couldn't get it to work). But seems to me that by the time you get yourself programmed to really isolate specific muscles and are able to exercise them during the day without hunching over, you might already have visible results using a more conventional means.

Of course, if it's the hypnosis itself which you like, and the journey is more important then the results, you should go for it. :)
hypnoslave79

Return to General Hypnosis