Learning To Fly

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Learning To Fly

Postby Megablaster » July 24th, 2006, 9:35 pm

Is It Possible or just wishful thinking? It has been my belief that with our minds we can do anything we want if we are motivated enough to do it.

I have yet to look for research into whether we have proven that humans as we are now cannot fly on our own without some sort of assistance. My understanding so far is that it is common sense that humans are not designed to be able to physically do so (As surprising as this sounds LOL)

Has anyone here looked into this either way? I understand its a funny question perhaps. Some reseach I have looked into that comes closest to this is creating Out Of Body experiences through Hypnosis. Anyone have more information on any of these?

Thanks for your responses :)
Megablaster

Postby CuteLittleFaery » July 24th, 2006, 10:44 pm

There is an art, or rather, a knack, to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. :D
CuteLittleFaery
Regular
Regular

Postby stuffedstich » July 24th, 2006, 10:45 pm

It is physically impossible for humans to fly.

I wish we could too :(
stuffedstich

Postby d2 » July 24th, 2006, 11:09 pm

Lucid Dreaming allows you to do all sorts of neat stuff.
Just a person...
d2

Postby getpumped87 » July 24th, 2006, 11:56 pm

CuteLittleFaery wrote:There is an art, or rather, a knack, to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. :D
lol, oh man, that was funny
getpumped87
Regular
Regular

Postby Megablaster » July 25th, 2006, 1:35 am

haha thanks guys...you mean there isn't an ancient art to human flying involving hypnosis? LOL...I was hoping to be the first to accomplish this feat...my expectations must be too high! :P

I am just getting into all of this...So as far as I can tell there are files for training yourself to experience Out Of Body (Little Skeptical) and of course Lucid Dreaming as mentioned. Right now I am focusing on Memory and Ultimate sales power among a few others.

Can any of you recommend a great lucid dreaming file to check out?
Megablaster

Postby untainted_666 » July 25th, 2006, 2:58 am

Well, if you had the telekinetic abilities from the Superhuman Mind file, I suppose you could levitate yourself after a lot of practise with lighter objects.
untainted_666

Postby Megablaster » July 25th, 2006, 4:48 am

Hmm interesting...I wasn't sure if levitation was possible...I think a lot of illusionists use it just as that a "cool illusion".
Megablaster

Postby CuriousG » July 31st, 2006, 10:22 am

It's physically impossible to fly or levitate, and dangerous to try. Your imagination will be your only recourse, I'm afraid.
CuriousG
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jack » July 31st, 2006, 8:20 pm

My suggestion is to try taking off from the ground before you test this from any distance from the ground.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby Launch » August 1st, 2006, 9:44 am

Flying is one of the most difficult things to achieve, it is said to take years of dedication.
Plus the danger, theres a chance if you begin to doubt and you were to fall.
If you are just trying to do this for the fame of being the first human to publicly fly then don't bother.
Launch
Regular
Regular

Postby CuriousG » August 1st, 2006, 11:42 am

birchwood wrote:
CuriousG wrote:It's physically impossible to fly or levitate, and dangerous to try. Your imagination will be your only recourse, I'm afraid.

What are you afraid of?

Well, falling to my bloody demise for one.

And no matter what sort of training method you tried, you'd be almost bound to end up with a few bumps and bruises, along with great swaths of wasted time.
CuriousG
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Hyp-know-fetish » August 9th, 2006, 1:26 am

From Hypnosis 102:

One cannot always have their dream fulfilled... but they can be hypnotized into hallucinating that their dreams are a reality if this is the case.

:D
Hyp-know-fetish
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Kharon » September 16th, 2006, 2:11 am

There are sheer physical impossibilities that even hypnosis cannot "overcome" -- most of what Hypnosis hels us overcome physically is due to mental connections. When we use hypnosis to dull or remove pain, blood will still flow to a tooth that has been removed from the mouth, or a cut along your arm. No amount of hypnosis will keep you from bleeding, however it CAN help to reduce the amount of bleeding.

It is in this category of impossibility that unaided human flight lies. No amount of hypnosis will ever allow a human to fly, and the closest we may get is through psychokinesis which may be a potential benefit from the "Superhuman Mind" file. But that still isn't actually flight. There are other physical changes to the body which also fall into this category -- I'm not going to say hypnosis cannot make any so-called impossibilities occur, only that some things are impossible even with hypnosis.

The best you can count on to experience unaided flight through hypnosis is through hallucinations or granting you lucid dreams. In the mindscape there are no impossibilities but those things which you cannot imagine.
Kharon
Regular
Regular

Postby Jack » September 17th, 2006, 2:23 am

You're not a diety are you, Kharon?
Or perhaps a founding father of the universe?

Read "Hypnotherapy" by Dave Elman(may go under David Elman). Find Dr. Henry Moreau's book, and read that too. Also, you may wish to test some things before you mention their impossibility. Like the inability of a client to stop blood flow using hypnosis.

For those who want to make an effort towards achieving unaided flight: Test it from the ground first.. or not. It's up to you, but don't be surprised if you end up with the darwin award.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby CuriousG » September 17th, 2006, 9:41 am

Read "Hypnotherapy" by Dave Elman(may go under David Elman). Find Dr. Henry Moreau's book, and read that too. Also, you may wish to test some things before you mention their impossibility. Like the inability of a client to stop blood flow using hypnosis.

If I adapted this cavalier attitude towards the possibility of things, I'd be eating more food to lose weight, burning candles to increase my virility, drinking only bottled water for fear of mind control/carcinogens/plaque, and going to a church instead of an HMO when I feel ill.

It is not possible to fly by the power of your mind, period.
CuriousG
Mentor
Mentor

Postby sarnoga » September 17th, 2006, 10:12 am

drinking only bottled water for fear of mind control/carcinogens/plaque,

How do you know they don't put that stuff in the bottled water too?
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby Jack » September 17th, 2006, 6:40 pm

Try it. If it works, keep doing it. If it doesn't, do anything else.
Jack
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis