How can you tell if you're in?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

How can you tell if you're in?

Postby Deioth » July 24th, 2006, 11:35 pm

I can't tell if I'm falling into trance "fully" or not. While I do indeed feel relaxed, I can't tell how much of that is trance and how much of it is just me remaining dormant and forcebly still. For example, in Cardigan's deep trance file, he says that your arms and legs become impossible to move because they are so heavy due to your deep trance, and while I always try to move them (since it does seem to make me a bit more relaxed when told you stop) I can't be sure how much of that was the suggestion and attempt into trance, because I feel as if I can still move them, yet fear actually trying because I don't want the trance broken. Also, of the couple I've tried listening to often, they seem to have only a small effect if any. Lucid dreaming, in particular, appears to not be working at all, and in fact I seem to be dreaming less, and when I do dream, they're as they always are and I do not recognize them, and I really want these files to work for me.

Am I just not falling into a deep enough trance? Is there a particular amount of time I should limit myself to, or should try and reach while I'm in trance? Would doubling up inductions, in particular the same one, for a single session help bring me deeper? I have ADD, so it's near impossible for my mind to focus on a single thing for very long (even playing video games I enjoy, my mind often wanders into other thoughts before returning focus) so sometimes I find myself either drifting or completely full of random thought. Though usually I wander for only a few seconds, it seems to almost bring me out of trance a bit.

Also, coming out of trance from longer files (or listening to one after the other) typically leaves me feeling groggy rather than fully awake. Should I, again, limit my time? Or maybe I should use longer awakenings or even wake myself up, like through Cardigan's Deep Trance?
Deioth

Return to General Hypnosis