I'm back

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

I'm back

Postby Hyp-know-fetish » August 7th, 2006, 1:51 am

I'm back, after recovering from yet another computer wipe. I forgot about this place for a few weeks. I log in and I'm swarmed with PM's! Anyway, Nice to see y'all again. :)
Hyp-know-fetish
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Lissar » August 7th, 2006, 4:58 pm

Welcome back!
Lissar
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jacara » August 7th, 2006, 6:48 pm

How could you forget about this place? :lol: :roll:
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Hyp-know-fetish » August 7th, 2006, 11:29 pm

Jacara wrote:How could you forget about this place? :lol: :roll:

Well, I got distracted with a few things, like setting up my machine back to where it should be. I'm still rebuilding my Virtual Hypnotist scripts. :(

But hey! I can see that one of my ideas in the Voting area is now 2/3 of the way to the top! Hoo-rah! :D
Hyp-know-fetish
Mentor
Mentor

Re: I'm back

Postby homerj1620 » August 8th, 2006, 6:40 pm

Hyp-know-fetish wrote:I'm back, after recovering from yet another computer wipe. I forgot about this place for a few weeks. I log in and I'm swarmed with PM's! Anyway, Nice to see y'all again. :)

Try using Ubuntu Linux or Mac OS X and reinstalling will no longer be necessary.
homerj1620
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Hyp-know-fetish » August 9th, 2006, 12:11 am

I tried Kubuntu a while back but I couldn't get the Internet. My WiFi card doesn't have Linux support.

Actually, my problem was self-induced; I'm rather good with computers but leave me with a machine for a few months and I will break something. I know just enough to screw myself over (luckily, I usually also know how to fix it). :)
Hyp-know-fetish
Mentor
Mentor

Postby homerj1620 » August 9th, 2006, 8:13 am

Hyp-know-fetish wrote:I tried Kubuntu a while back but I couldn't get the Internet. My WiFi card doesn't have Linux support.

Many cards are supported in the new 2.6.17 kernel, including Apple's Airport cards (broadcom chips). Thanks to that I now have wireless when using Ubuntu on my Mac. Others can be used on x86 computers by using the Windows drivers (ndiswrapper). That only works in 32bit mode, though.

Hyp-know-fetish wrote:Actually, my problem was self-induced; I'm rather good with computers but leave me with a machine for a few months and I will break something. I know just enough to screw myself over (luckily, I usually also know how to fix it). :)

You should try NTFSClone. With that you could save your computer at a good state, and then if you need to restore it later it would take less than 10 minutes. I use that program heavily at work. Here's a good tutorial on using it.
homerj1620
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Hyp-know-fetish » August 9th, 2006, 1:41 pm

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. :)
Hyp-know-fetish
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis