Please rate the files that you try out

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Please rate the files that you try out

Postby cardigan » October 6th, 2006, 12:38 pm

I think it would be great if more people would please rate the files we produce for you. This is not meant to start a contest among us hypnotists to find out who is best! We each have our own style, and people like our files for different reasons. But as a hypnotist it is so nice to be able to see if one's files hit home, or if they are in need of some improvement. If you initially rate a file badly, you can even go back and change your rating later, if you find out, that you want to change your mind. That is totally cool, I think.

So I would like you to help us help you. Rate the files according to how you like them. That way we can fathom better the usefulness of our files.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Re: Please rate the files that you try out

Postby Blink » October 6th, 2006, 6:40 pm

cardigan wrote:I think it would be great if more people would please rate the files we produce for you.

I absolutely agree with Cardigan. The ratings are a good, though broad, indicator of what's working. I'd go one further and say that a listener who gives a very high or a very low rating would do well to contact the file's creator and say why.

I know that I'm interested in getting high-quality feedback so that I can continue to improve my technique. The more feeback I get, whether my work is loved or hated, the better my future work will be.

Thanks to everyone who's rated or commented already. As Chicago Mayor Richard J. Daley is reported to have said, "Vote early, vote often."

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby cardigan » October 7th, 2006, 2:17 am

I'm glad you agree! When we make free files, we do so to hone our skills and to practice and evolve. The only way this is going to happen is, when we have lots of feed-back and response. We supply everyone with a free service, that they won't be getting anywhere else. Response and help from our users is a way for them to pay for these files! At no cost whatsoever.
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby Chibi-Chiriko » October 7th, 2006, 8:53 am

Ah, but it can take multiple tries for a success, so it is best left until after a few times, rather than a rating based of first impressions.
Chibi-Chiriko

Postby cardigan » October 7th, 2006, 9:16 am

I agree with you, that rating a file should not occur after first try. Also I think that if you know that you have difficulty obtaining trance no matter what, then it would be unfair to rate a file (other than an induction) badly because of lack of ability to trance. But even so - even if many users were to rate files unfairly for these reasons, the population of this site is so big, that it wouldn't matter very much statistically anyway. And I think any rating is better than no rating at all. Right now we get like 500 downloads and 1 rating on our files - statistically speaking. This is far too little to be of any use. So I'd much rather prefer 100 ratings for every 500 downloads - or more. That would draw a pretty accurate picture of whether the file was any good or not - even if lots of those were first-timers.

Another problem with the rating system is, that it is completely subjective. What does the 1 point stand for? and the 2 - and so forth? But it's better than nothing - right? Like Blink said - it would be even better for us to have written comments from users that were either completely enthusiastic about a file - or the opposite. Because we could really learn from that. But that would be way too much to ask.

But I encourage people to rate files - even files they only try once. Like I said in my first posting: if you have initially given a file a poor rating, and then you decide later on, that this was unfair, then you can always change your rating with the click of your mouse.

Cardigan
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby liljonny » October 7th, 2006, 10:51 am

I was wondering if a file should have 2 ratings... 1..how well the file is written 2.. how well the file worked on you
liljonny
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis