Sharing commercial files?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Sharing commercial files?

Postby Slipstream » October 12th, 2006, 3:10 pm

While browsing recently (completely unrelated to WMM) a website I came across has a forum on relaxation and meditation, and offers links to several commercial audios with hypnotic potential. It's largely self-help related, but the interesting ones include claims of reaching states of super-deep meditation, breathing exercises, actual hypnotherapy sessions and audio tracks with binaural beats in the alpha, theta and delta ranges.

I'd like to share them with people here, either by naming the website or posting direct links to those files, but since it's commercial audio I'm not clear on the legality of the whole thing. (You're not paying for them, they're ripped MP3 audio.) I didn't see anything about it in the TOS, but I thought it best to check first.
Slipstream

Postby willingsub » October 13th, 2006, 1:16 am

In most countries simply pointing the way to where you can get illegal downloads isn't illegal in itself. Of course in most countries actually distributing or downloading copyrighted (so not just commercial!) material is illegal.

Not judging here, I get most of my music almost free off of an almost legal (legal in Russia) download site.
willingsub
Regular
Regular

Postby gornyhuy » November 1st, 2006, 5:31 pm

please let us know the links or the site!!
gornyhuy

Postby Slipstream » November 2nd, 2006, 11:03 am

That's the problem; I'd like to, but I've been waiting for someone involved with the site (EMG, for example) to let me know what the legalities are. I could give you the links via email/PM, but if I do I'd prefer you didn't post them here either without permission.
Slipstream

Postby EMG » November 2nd, 2006, 10:47 pm

Sorry, but I can't support posting links to pay files. I wouldn't appreciate it if someone did it with my files so I'm sure others wouldn't appreciate it if I helped others share theirs.

Slipstream wrote:That's the problem; I'd like to, but I've been waiting for someone involved with the site (EMG, for example) to let me know what the legalities are. I could give you the links via email/PM, but if I do I'd prefer you didn't post them here either without permission.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General Hypnosis