Photographic Memory

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Photographic Memory

Postby judus » December 10th, 2008, 3:04 pm

Been looking at the Photographic Memory file and was wondering if there were any users who had any experience with it? Thought to myself that it might be a useful file to listen to, but at the same time i can see the downsides of having a photographic memory. Sometimes you want to forget things that you've seen.
judus

Postby TheIconoclast » December 10th, 2008, 6:23 pm

I have not used that file, but I have some experience with using hypnosis to influence memory.

It's important to remember that you mind records everything it experiences that it feels is important to your survival. Your conscious mind may not be able to always immediately access it, but most everything you have experienced of consequence in your life is impressed upon your mind in vivid detail and waiting for you to recall should you truly NEED to remember it.

A file of the type you are wanting to use can do two primary things for you - make it a greater priority for your subconscious mind to recall things you already have incorporated into your associative history AND make it a higher priority to better catalog future associations so that you can better retrieve the information.

What it really boils down to is convincing the subconscious mind that having a Photographic Memory will enhance your odds survival and prosperity. But, as I inferred earlier, you subconscious is probably way ahead of you on this. Listen to a good general induction file, then the file you want to work, together, both daily, for 3 weeks and you'll probably see results.
TheIconoclast

Return to General Hypnosis