Language trouble (vocabulary)

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Language trouble (vocabulary)

Postby WShadow » February 6th, 2010, 4:16 am

Hi all,
i discovered this site about week ago and i found myself very interested into hypnotic, but i am from Czech republic and while i listening a lot of inductions in past week i found my English maybe isn't good enough to be able go into deep trance with English speaker. I know week is not long time, but i think with some of them i was really close, until i hear some words which i didn't know and it disturbed me while my mind try find out what it could mean from context.

Well i will try again and again with searching new words and supplement my vocabulary, but today i thought about it and found another maybe much worse problem.

Imagine i will go into deep trance and voice will tell me commands to my subconscious mind what to do and so on. But in some important command speaker will use word i don't know and my mind will replace it by something different word sounds similar, or doesn't understand well and translate the words bad.

In some case it could not be big difference, but in some case maybe yes, i don't know which words i could replace in English with some HUGE sense different, so i will make example from my language (with translation):

Two words sounds almost same only different in one letter but in sense is huge different:

učit - - - - - learn
mučit - - - - - torture

I even don't want wonder how it could finish if i replace these words in instructions for my subconscious mind.

What you think? (And forgive my possible mistakes :wink: )
WShadow

Return to General Hypnosis