Help with Hypnosis

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Help with Hypnosis

Postby sumone » April 19th, 2010, 8:29 pm

Hi, I've tried several self hypnosis cds and subliminal cds before but they never seemed to work. Then I found this site and I wanted to try again. So I got the (EGM?) acceptance accelerator and tried listening to it. The first time I listened to it nothing seemed to happen. I don't think that I ever reached trance. The second time my mind would blank out for periods of times and when I regained "consciousness" I would vaugely remember thinking about something. I'm not sure that this was trance (I think it was sleeping) and if it was it was very short and sporadic. I guess what I'm wondering is how I can train myself to go into trances. The files that you suggest will have to be free (I don't want to drop any money on something that does not succesfully get me into trance). Thanks for any help.
sumone

Postby demigraff » April 19th, 2010, 9:32 pm

Well, it sounds like you had some success. What you describe is a pretty good indicator that you're doing the right thing.

I'd suggest that you keep listening to that file daily for a week or two, before you start looking at effect files.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby sumone » April 20th, 2010, 4:22 pm

I'm not sure if its working though. I'm lying down on my back so I think I might be falling asleep. The only reason that I somewhat doubt that I might be falling asleep is that I am never able to fall asleep on my back. The hypnotist keeps telling me only to listen to the sound of his voice but then my mind sort of wanders onto some random thing and the next thing I know its sort of like I have just woke up a few minutes later. But before I go into this "trance" (if it really is trance) I'm not thinking about his voice. I go into it once my mind wanders. Same thing happened when I tried the ericksonian induction. I just sort of blacked out for a while towards the beginning and then regained conciousness just as the hypnotist began counting down towards going into relaxation and then I just lay there and listened until the end. It really feels like I am falling asleep, is that what trance is supposed to feel like? I thought you were supposed to be partway there mentally.
sumone

Return to General Hypnosis