Sleep and hypno files.

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Sleep and hypno files.

Postby hypno34319 » December 28th, 2010, 4:57 pm

I've been trying something new lately. I've been going to sleep listening to a hour long binaural followed by a file on loop. I'm wondering if anyone has had success with listing to files as they sleep?
hypno34319

Postby DKaiser » December 28th, 2010, 6:25 pm

No, because sleep and hypnosis are different. The confusion comes from the fact that sleep and trance are similar, but trance just aids in hypnosis, it doesn't substitute for it. So no, either listen before sleeping, or afterwords; listening during sleep isn't useful other than as a placebo.
http://tinyurl.com/2emkrpk
Enjoy my files? Donate!
DKaiser
Mentor
Mentor

Postby bandler » January 6th, 2011, 1:32 pm

DKaiser wrote:No, because sleep and hypnosis are different. The confusion comes from the fact that sleep and trance are similar, but trance just aids in hypnosis, it doesn't substitute for it. So no, either listen before sleeping, or afterwords; listening during sleep isn't useful other than as a placebo.

Okay, I understand that when people sleep, they are not concentrating on the suggestions they hear. However, if you were to loop the suggestions to play all night, wouldn't your brain incorporate the suggestions during REM cycles?

I have often had the experience of hearing the alarm in my dream and working the sound into the dream.
bandler
Mentor
Mentor

Postby DKaiser » January 6th, 2011, 7:45 pm

Are you capable of doing so during REM sleep? Yes, it's certainly understandable.
Are you going to get much out of it? No, as you're not really focusing on the file, and so it's the difference between hearing someone talk and paying attention to them.

Hence my suggestion of before or afterwords. Afterwords especially, if you can keep from going back to sleep, as you're pretty close to that state already.
http://tinyurl.com/2emkrpk
Enjoy my files? Donate!
DKaiser
Mentor
Mentor

Postby bandler » January 24th, 2011, 10:13 pm

DKaiser wrote:Are you capable of doing so during REM sleep? Yes, it's certainly understandable.
Are you going to get much out of it? No, as you're not really focusing on the file, and so it's the difference between hearing someone talk and paying attention to them.

Since the conscious mind is not the target, consciously paying attention to someone is the same as just hearing them talk as far as the subconscious is concerned.

If, for example, the looped file suggests the listener enjoys eating only carrots between meals, it would be possible to determine if the looped file at night were having an effect. I don't believe it is possible to learn French while you sleep, but it may be possible to alter subconsciously driven behaviors this way.

I will conduct an experiment and let you all know the result...
bandler
Mentor
Mentor

Postby mindphuk » February 9th, 2011, 6:02 am

It is possible to hypnotize in sleep. But the hypnosis has to catch the subconscious' attention still. If it just babbles ordinary hypnosis, it will be ignored or wake you up.

In REM it can be done with suggestions like "while you sleep you can continue sleeping calm and deep. You can hear my voice, but it will take you only deeper and sound into your sleep. You can enjoy your dreams while you listen to my voice and everything I say takes you deeper and deeper, more focussed, peaceful and calm..."
That spoken calmly in a way that you won't wake up the sleeping one can lead from REM into real deep hypnosis.
However one would have to find the right spot when to attempt that. It's best working 1-2h after falling asleep and before the deep sleep states. And that's what I think is difficult to get with files, because mostly you dont know when you exactly fall asleep and when to start the file.
mindphuk

Postby Heartwould » February 10th, 2011, 3:22 pm

I worked with subliminals while I was sleeping, for a few weeks.

It seemed to work (I woke up very horny and on the lunge for my husband's cock), but after those few weeks, I developed some fairly severe headaches.

I've stopped using them while I sleep. Only during waking hours now. :)
Heartwould
Regular
Regular

Re: Sleep and hypno files.

Postby CharredSoul » February 19th, 2011, 6:41 am

hypno34319 wrote:I've been trying something new lately. I've been going to sleep listening to a hour long binaural followed by a file on loop. I'm wondering if anyone has had success with listing to files as they sleep?

yes only on some files, more on the conversations hynosis side like story lines and such, i found direct didn't work as well.
there is also one more thing to include is that of a context anchor, which means you have been sleeping in your bed for your whole life, you expect change work to happen while sleeping? you have built an anchor in life that bed equals sleep and dream.
change work, works best when you are up out of your comfort zones and can experience as though as it is true.
bomb yourself into trance, give suggestions, while in trance walk around with the change to see what it can feel like.
CharredSoul
Regular
Regular

Postby wanttolearn » March 15th, 2011, 5:42 am

Heartwould wrote:I worked with subliminals while I was sleeping, for a few weeks.

It seemed to work (I woke up very horny and on the lunge for my husband's cock.)

Do you mind letting us know which subliminal files you used ?, the effect sounds like just what i'm after ! ;)
wanttolearn

Postby owenroxan » March 15th, 2011, 12:23 pm

I ususally listen to files when I go to bed. I listen to them and oay attention but I just start falling asleep while I listen to them. I can't tell if it works or not. I'm not sure how relaxed I'm supposed to feel or what it feels like but I usually end up falling asleep while I'm listening to them.
owenroxan

Postby SecretScribe » March 15th, 2011, 3:30 pm

I have that issue too. I sometimes sit up and wonder if I was actually hypnotized, or if I just woke up at the right time. How can you know which one you have done?

I have also had issues with getting headaches. Am I doing something wrong?
SecretScribe

Postby CharredSoul » March 15th, 2011, 10:01 pm

well if you were asleep without the files would you have woken up at that moment?

how do you know that you weren't hypnotised?
CharredSoul
Regular
Regular

Postby owenroxan » March 15th, 2011, 10:43 pm

Well I remember listenign to one file and set a timer ofor about 3 or so minutes aafter the file would be done and I listened to the file. I fell asleep I think while listening and when I woke up it was about a little bit before I the alarm was set off
owenroxan

Postby oraprog » March 16th, 2011, 6:12 am

SecretScribe wrote:I have also had issues with getting headaches. Am I doing something wrong?

At one point I was getting headaches and attributed it to rolling my eyes in a weird way. I stopped with my eyes and the headaches went away. Coincidence? Who know.
oraprog
Regular
Regular

Postby FloridaPuppy » March 17th, 2011, 8:08 pm

bandler wrote:
I will conduct an experiment and let you all know the result...

You could probably save yourself a lot of time and just do some research instead. There has been lots of well documented studies and experiments over the years showing no impact.
FloridaPuppy
Mentor
Mentor

Return to General Hypnosis