After-hypnosis 'paralysis'

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

After-hypnosis 'paralysis'

Postby subsumed » July 18th, 2011, 2:41 pm

Hi,

Several times when I manage to get a good trance, I reach the end of the recording and my mind awakes, my eyes open, and I can think and look around normally, but interestingly my body seems to remain paralysed.

It's not a scary feeling, in fact it's fascinating to be in a thinking head on top of an inert body. It's difficult to explain how it feels, although I am sure if there was a fire I could move, on one occassion the phone rang next to me and there seemed to be no way I could pick it up, I just let it ring.

It would be wrong to say it is simply a desire not to move, there appears to be no way that my brain can work out how it is done, or even begin the thought process needed to make my limbs move.

I wonder what would happen if there was someone there, would their touch awaken me or could they move me as they wished?

After a while the feeling changes and I am aware that movement is possible, and that ability flows over me in a few seconds.

Has anyone else experienced this discontinuity between the hypnotic states of thought and movement?
subsumed

Postby ohyouknow » July 19th, 2011, 2:49 pm

That sounds a bit like the leftover REM sleep paralysis you can get when you wake up in the night but your body and brain haven't quite finished dreaming. With the same sudden resolution.

It used to scare me until I found out why it was happening. Now I love it and it turns me on massively when it occurs.

I like your thinking of the idea of a (friendly?) other person being there to experiment with moving you.
ohyouknow
Regular
Regular

Postby angel123 » July 23rd, 2011, 12:57 pm

It hasn't happened to me unknowlingly although I can give myself commands (as previously stated on other posts) to not move - unless an emergency happens - so I think I would be able to if I wished, sounds fun :wink:
[color=indigo:64c8e3527f]Trying hard :p[/color:64c8e3527f]
angel123
Mentor
Mentor

post hypnosis 'paralysis'

Postby subsumed » July 27th, 2011, 8:06 am

Thank you both for your replies.
With regard to having another person there, they would have to be friendly or the trance would not be possible, however there is no reason why friendly people can't do naughty things ;-)
subsumed

Postby subsumed » August 10th, 2011, 7:19 am

Quite by chance my daughter mentioned the other day that this had happened to her in the morning after waking up from normal sleep. Perhaps there is a genetic predisposition.

I don't think there's much chance of a fire! I always do a walk-round security check of the house before trance anyway
subsumed

Postby Haxsaw » November 18th, 2011, 5:27 am

Dear Tanya,
Quite a few gentle listeners told they had a moment of time they could not move. It was after one of my files shut off. It was not scary. Some would be thinking, "Uh, now what?" I was impressed with your detailed explanation why the body protects itself during a series of dreams. Yu are fascinating anyway!
Sincerely,
Haxsaw
Haxsaw
Regular
Regular

Postby Storms » November 18th, 2011, 6:40 am

Maybe if it happens again, you should try to allow your consciousness to stand up, leaving your body behind.

Could be an awesome start to a lucid dream.
Storms
Regular
Regular

Return to General Hypnosis