We need a COMMENTS SECTION for each file!

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

We need a COMMENTS SECTION for each file!

Postby topstatus » October 30th, 2006, 3:04 am

You know how every files shows the ratings, downloads, date, etc? There should be a link that allows people to comment on that particular file. The link would appear as Add Comment. Upon clicking it, a registered user would be taken to a page where he.she can type what he/she thought about the file.

Once comments have been added to a file, the Add Comment link changes to show how many comments have been added to the file since it's release. For example, if five people commented on a new file, the Add Comment link would then show up as 5 Comments.

This sort of feedback would be absolutely critical. Not only would such a feature be convenient for users, it would also provide invaluable information to the authors. :)
topstatus

Postby sarnoga » October 30th, 2006, 4:50 am

That sounds like a good idea to me, though I am not the guy who would have to do all the work setting it up.
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Re: We need a COMMENTS SECTION for each file!

Postby EMG » October 30th, 2006, 8:45 am

That's actually one that's faily high on my priority list, I just haven't had the time to do any work on it.

topstatus wrote:You know how every files shows the ratings, downloads, date, etc? There should be a link that allows people to comment on that particular file. The link would appear as Add Comment. Upon clicking it, a registered user would be taken to a page where he.she can type what he/she thought about the file.

Once comments have been added to a file, the Add Comment link changes to show how many comments have been added to the file since it's release. For example, if five people commented on a new file, the Add Comment link would then show up as 5 Comments.

This sort of feedback would be absolutely critical. Not only would such a feature be convenient for users, it would also provide invaluable information to the authors. :)
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby gornyhuy » November 10th, 2006, 1:24 pm

Amen - this would really help in motivating file-makers to contribute more files and to improve their technique/sound/apporach... might also lead to more focus on the direct requests of the users.
gornyhuy

Postby EMG » November 19th, 2006, 1:01 am

I have added comments to the file system so that users can now comment on the various files on the site. See, sometines you get what you wish for.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby sarnoga » November 19th, 2006, 9:20 am

Wow, that was quick. I think this should end up being a nice addition to the site.
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby Akir » November 21st, 2006, 6:37 pm

EMG wrote:See, sometines {sic} you get what you wish for.

If that were true, I'd have about three hundred wives right now.
Akir

Return to Site Improvements