Making WMM a better place.

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Making WMM a better place.

Postby EMG » November 25th, 2007, 11:11 pm

I have been thinking about this for a while, and I think I need help. There are several features that I would LOVE to add to WMM (as well as a general re-design) but I simply do not have the time. I want to add video, I want to allow people to setup their own personal pages with links to files and other things they've made. I want to grow! Problem is I don't have the time to do it myself(not unless sales double overnight and stay that way) and I really am NOT the best web designer (I code well, but look/feel isn't me.) So I think what I need is help. Anyone know any coders/designers/etc. that have spare time, are kinky and might be willing to help make this a better place for us all?
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hellion0 » November 26th, 2007, 1:33 am

Look and feel is something I've been accused of dabbling in from time to time. I'm not good with backends or anything, but templates, I can do.
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."
hellion0
Regular
Regular

Postby demigraff » November 26th, 2007, 9:59 am

I've done a few web applications since I left university, but am currently lacking a portfolio of work (and I have too much free time) because I don't have any talent for appearance/design. I'd be happy to offer any help I can, though.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » November 26th, 2007, 8:06 pm

Even that's probably better than my skill set. Functionality I can do. Look just doesn't happen. PHP Nuke is theme based so quite a bit of it can be changed and re-designed. If you'd like I'll see what info I can get you on nuke themes. I guess I need to make sure the test site is working so people can break things.

hellion0 wrote:Look and feel is something I've been accused of dabbling in from time to time. I'm not good with backends or anything, but templates, I can do.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby EMG » November 26th, 2007, 8:11 pm

Well, there are quite a few things I'd love to do, we can work out the look/feel stuff if you feel like doing some work I'll DEFINITELY give you a reference, lifetime membership, and any other credit you might want. The site is all built in PHP using PHP Nuke and a variety of tools. Why don't you drop me a PM, we can discuss the various things I'd like to do and you can choose one to try your hand at and we'll go from there.

demigraff wrote:I've done a few web applications since I left university, but am currently lacking a portfolio of work (and I have too much free time) because I don't have any talent for appearance/design. I'd be happy to offer any help I can, though.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Site Improvements