[Bug] Broken forum links when not logged in

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

[Bug] Broken forum links when not logged in

Postby DavidR » February 17th, 2009, 4:44 pm

Hi - just thought I'd point out a bug I've just noticed on the new menu bar

If you're logged out, and attempt to view any of the forum sub sections (e.g. Fem forum) the link has the modules.php section removed, and simply goes to a numeric link (e.g. warpmymind.com/8 ) and this produces a 404.

Although it's not a big problem (because you can't view the forums when logged out any way) I assume it should produce the "You are not logged in message" rather than failing with a broken link - since it took me a few seconds to realise why it was happening

Hope this bug report is useful etc.
Thanks
DavidR

Re: [Bug] Broken forum links when not logged in

Postby EMG » February 17th, 2009, 8:00 pm

It's VERY useful, thanks. I'll work on a correction.

DavidR wrote:Hi - just thought I'd point out a bug I've just noticed on the new menu bar

If you're logged out, and attempt to view any of the forum sub sections (e.g. Fem forum) the link has the modules.php section removed, and simply goes to a numeric link (e.g. warpmymind.com/8 ) and this produces a 404.

Although it's not a big problem (because you can't view the forums when logged out any way) I assume it should produce the "You are not logged in message" rather than failing with a broken link - since it took me a few seconds to realise why it was happening

Hope this bug report is useful etc.
Thanks
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Site Improvements