New List for Scripts.

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

New List for Scripts.

Postby sarnoga » May 25th, 2010, 9:46 am

Hello Folks,

I have an observation and suggestion.

There are a lot of new scripts being posted here on WMM.

With the number of new scripts being posted I am thinking that it might be time for scripts to have their own category in Files> New/Top Ten. We have Newest Pay Files, Newest Premium files, Newest Free Files and Highest Rated Files. With the number of new scripts being posted perhaps they deserve their own category.

As it is, while new recordings and scripts stay on the list of Newest Premium Files for sometimes as long as a week or 8 days, often things scroll off the list in only two days. I understand it would be nice if everyone came in daily to check to see if there are new files that interest them, not everyone's schedule permits that. It would be nice if things could stay on the new list for at least a week. It can be especially discouraging for a new author of either scripts or recordings who is trying to attract an audience to post a script or recording only to have it gone from the list in only a day or two. Out of sight out of mind, or so they say.

Also, at times there are as many new scripts as new recordings. It may be that those posting scripts have earned a separate list of their own.

Anyone have any thoughts or comments? Please feel free to post. Or if you prefer you may answer my easy to answer poll. Heck, do both if you like. Nobody's watching.

Regards,

Sarnoga.
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » May 25th, 2010, 12:03 pm

Actually, that is not a bad idea, I AM working on a rework of the file system and that might well get included.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby sarnoga » May 25th, 2010, 9:41 pm

Thank you for considering the idea.
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Return to Site Improvements