New Video feature

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Re: New Video feature

Postby EMG » August 2nd, 2010, 6:53 am

I will make sure we adjust the size limit, you are correct, that's not enough for video. I believe it does show a still image, preview is a bit less likely.

As for images to go with the files, That may get added to the list. The trick is time and money, I'm spending most of my money to get this done. Hopefully it'll prove worthy of the expense.

catgirl wrote:Hi all,

First of all: It looks like the move to another host succeeded without problems. 12 hours without Warpmymind was a long time for a junkie like me ;-) (my isp did cache the old ip)

Now a question about the new video feature: Is the size limit for uploads still 50MB? I think that is a bit small for videos, even in h264.

Is there going to be a preview feature or at least a way to show a still image? I think if WMM is really doing a move towards Web 2.0 you tech guys should at least start to implement basic stuff like images in the file description into the site. It all seems so text-oriented here.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby nakor » August 2nd, 2010, 1:31 pm

I am not sure how much bandwidth is an issue, but if you are worried about bandwidth usage, then you should consider offering BitTorrent links for larger files. You might even only allow BitTorrent for free files over a certain size.
nakor

Return to Site Improvements