Script for non-premium members.

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Script for non-premium members.

Postby lexii » December 28th, 2010, 7:44 am

Heya,
I would like to try to record a file from a script but scripts are not downloadable to non-premium users. I know this won't be a problem after my first upload because i will get free premium but how do i start the ball rolling?[/i]
lexii
Regular
Regular

interesting pickle

Postby MyVoice » December 28th, 2010, 9:09 am

Whether to Buy a Chicken hoping it will Lay a fertile Egg or to Buy an Egg, hoping it will Hatch into a Chicken...

One could get a book with an induction and record it in one's own Style.

Or one could take an existing file which has no script and write out a script for it.

Some others purchase a month's worth of Premium access and download to their heart's content.

Anyway you do it, we look forward to hearing your files.
Last edited by MyVoice on December 28th, 2010, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MyVoice

Postby lexii » December 28th, 2010, 10:48 am

what a bother. i am only really interested in recording a script that hasn't been recorded yet. Seems like a bit of an oversight but i guess i'll figure something out. thanls for your help.
lexii
Regular
Regular

Postby DKaiser » December 28th, 2010, 6:21 pm

Yeah, though if I recall, modifying the system to make an exception for script-only stuff was deemed icky. If you want, you can PM a senior member or mod and see if they'd give you a copy(given it's for the sake of recording it). You'd have to upload it back to the site, but if it's already recorded, no reason not to.

To answer the first question: Scripts aren't non-premium, however, for people who will just snag them and enter them into text-2-speech software, which defeats the whole point of premium in the first place.
http://tinyurl.com/2emkrpk
Enjoy my files? Donate!
DKaiser
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jacoburline » December 28th, 2010, 8:28 pm

You could find a free file without a script and write out the script for it to get the ball rolling, if you want... I believe that gets you one month of premium membership, and from there, you could start recording scripts for three month premium memberships.
Jacoburline
Regular
Regular

Postby demigraff » December 29th, 2010, 4:28 am

I got most of my premium membership by transcribing existing files to make scripts, as well as writing a few scripts of my own. Unfortunately, my life is currently in a state where I can't find anywhere both quiet enough to record, and private.

So if you'd be interested in recording any of my scripts (assuming you're actually recording, rather than using a TTS thing) just let me know and I'll send you a copy of whichever one grabs your interest.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Return to Site Improvements