Suggestion for site improvement

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Suggestion for site improvement

Postby Jimsplan » June 4th, 2006, 10:55 am

:idea: Something that might be interesting to add to this site would be a section in the files area that would be just a file including a trigger in this site.

EMG or the person that recorded the file could record the the trigger word or phrase, thereby letting the person experience the effects of the trigger that they have previously installed. If the trigger involves a specific action or requires additional orders, the file could then contain the directions for what to do.

For example, a trigger file for TrigRobot would include the trigger phrase and a program for the person to complete. Or another example could be TrigWoman that would contain the trigger and the specific time for the transformation to last.

This would be great for the users that do not have people to trigger them and for users that don't know how to cut and modify existing mp3 files.

I don't know if its possible to have the file say you will obey this trigger for x amount of time thereby bypassing the need for a "revert to normal" command.

Just a suggestion.

Jimsplan
Jimsplan

Re: Suggestion for site improvement

Postby EMG » June 4th, 2006, 12:05 pm

It's not a bad suggestion and has been made before. Sadly I don't seem to find the time to do it. Untriggering could be an issue but I could simply put in 10 minutes of dead air. So, for now, I fear that it's probably staying a low priority, but if anyone wants to record a bunch of files to trigger people I'd be happy to post them.

Jimsplan wrote::idea: Something that might be interesting to add to this site would be a section in the files area that would be just a file including a trigger in this site.

EMG or the person that recorded the file could record the the trigger word or phrase, thereby letting the person experience the effects of the trigger that they have previously installed. If the trigger involves a specific action or requires additional orders, the file could then contain the directions for what to do.

For example, a trigger file for TrigRobot would include the trigger phrase and a program for the person to complete. Or another example could be TrigWoman that would contain the trigger and the specific time for the transformation to last.

This would be great for the users that do not have people to trigger them and for users that don't know how to cut and modify existing mp3 files.

I don't know if its possible to have the file say you will obey this trigger for x amount of time thereby bypassing the need for a "revert to normal" command.

Just a suggestion.

Jimsplan
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Site Improvements