Why is there no proper categorizing?

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Why is there no proper categorizing?

Postby silverishkitten » August 28th, 2008, 2:11 am

Ok so many of the files on the site, are categorized in every single category (Binaural, script, blah blah), even though they only belong to one. Especially EMG's files.. I don't mean this as a nitpick or offence, and I understand that it's your site and you wanna promote your files. But I don't think that miss-categorizing them is the solution. I know that there's no Binaural beats in EMG's files, and many of them are not scripts. This goes for many others too. They put it in the script-category even though it's actually a soundfile.
How is the category-thing supposed to work if it's all wrong anyway?

Sorry, I don't mean to bitch, but it's really hard finding what I'm looking for like this.
silverishkitten

Postby demigraff » August 28th, 2008, 5:38 am

Binaural/Script/Subliminal are special categories, for files which have alternative versions. Most of the files (Especially EMG's) have alternative versions available to premium members, which have additional binaural beats added on top of the original recording.

To get these alternate versions, click "binaural" next to the filename. I've only ever seen one file in the binaurals category which doesn't actually have one.

On the other hand, the categories do seem a little hard to decide for some files, and a lot of files which really shouldn't be are in the "inductions" category last time I checked.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Re: Why is there no proper categorizing?

Postby EMG » August 28th, 2008, 7:15 am

Demigraff got it right, binaural and script list every file with a binaural or a script, even if it has other components as well.

Still, if you find a file that you believe is in the wrong category. Let me know and I'll see about moving it.

silverishkitten wrote:Ok so many of the files on the site, are categorized in every single category (Binaural, script, blah blah), even though they only belong to one. Especially EMG's files.. I don't mean this as a nitpick or offence, and I understand that it's your site and you wanna promote your files. But I don't think that miss-categorizing them is the solution. I know that there's no Binaural beats in EMG's files, and many of them are not scripts. This goes for many others too. They put it in the script-category even though it's actually a soundfile.
How is the category-thing supposed to work if it's all wrong anyway?

Sorry, I don't mean to bitch, but it's really hard finding what I'm looking for like this.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Site Improvements