Voting against unfair for small fettishes

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Voting against unfair for small fettishes

Postby nancypansy » June 6th, 2009, 9:57 am

I noticed that having a less popular fettish like mine (bedwetting) gives a disadvantage towards larger fettishes like feminization od sub/dom. Good abdl file suggestions just get voted away.
I suggest we all think of a solution for this isseu.
I propose that voters can only vote against a file in thair own fettish catagory.
This way voters have more influence over thair own fettishfiles.

(sorry about my english its not my native toungue) :oops:
nancypansy

Re: Voting against unfair for small fettishes

Postby EMG » June 6th, 2009, 10:31 am

Currently there are 2 diaper files in the top 15. and I see very few diaper files with more negative than positive votes so I am not sure that any specific fetish is being descriminated against.

However, I would agree that WMM does tend to bias towards larger fetishes because they have a stronger voice, they have more people voting for/against their files because more people are interested. That's probably why several of the top files don't have a strong fetish aspect at all.

I'm really not sure how to make the site more friendly to people with less well known/popular fetishes, but I'm happy to listen to ideas.

BTW, just because something is popular on the voting list, that doesn't mean that I'm going to make it.

nancypansy wrote:I noticed that having a less popular fettish like mine (bedwetting) gives a disadvantage towards larger fettishes like feminization od sub/dom. Good abdl file suggestions just get voted away.
I suggest we all think of a solution for this isseu.
I propose that voters can only vote against a file in thair own fettish catagory.
This way voters have more influence over thair own fettishfiles.

(sorry about my english its not my native toungue) :oops:
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby demigraff » June 7th, 2009, 4:29 am

EMG wrote:I'm really not sure how to make the site more friendly to people with less well known/popular fetishes, but I'm happy to listen to ideas.

From a game theory point of view, this could be minimised by using a more sophisticated voting system, such as STV. That way, a really popular file within a small fetish would place ahead of a file which is just one-among-many within a larger area of interest. Also, putting the files you want in order rather than just voting for/against would allow users the ability to express their preferences in a more fine-grained way.

Of course, I suspect this would be CPU-expensive for the server, so maybe not such an attractive proposition in the real world.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » June 7th, 2009, 11:55 am

It really isn't that CPU intensive as it's a single action that only happens when someone votes/adds files etc. The problem is it's code intensive, to build something intuitive and flexible is more complicated than what I have.

I currently have a 2 week coding project, when done I will be devoting as much of my time as possible to a MAJOR upgrade to WMM. When that's done there may be some time for voting list part 3. Now I just need 3-5 dedicated programmers(and the money to pay them) and it'll all be done by fall ;)

demigraff wrote:
EMG wrote:I'm really not sure how to make the site more friendly to people with less well known/popular fetishes, but I'm happy to listen to ideas.

From a game theory point of view, this could be minimised by using a more sophisticated voting system, such as STV. That way, a really popular file within a small fetish would place ahead of a file which is just one-among-many within a larger area of interest. Also, putting the files you want in order rather than just voting for/against would allow users the ability to express their preferences in a more fine-grained way.

Of course, I suspect this would be CPU-expensive for the server, so maybe not such an attractive proposition in the real world.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Site Improvements