First Time In Person

A place for Subjects and Hypnotists to come together.

Moderator: EMG

First Time In Person

Postby Iowacollegeguy » February 11th, 2013, 1:33 am

So, as the title says, I FINALLY met a guy who is in my area and interested in doing some hypnosis with me in person.
While I am confident in my abilities, I cant help but feel anxious about it. Im worried that things will mess up since its my 'first time'.
Anyone have some ideas/suggestions to ease my nerves? Any wonderful first indcutions for a guy who has never been under before?

Feel free to post here on pm me.
Thanks for the help!

-B
Iowacollegeguy

Re: First Time In Person

Postby Tangy » February 11th, 2013, 6:47 am

Iowacollegeguy wrote:So, as the title says, I FINALLY met a guy who is in my area and interested in doing some hypnosis with me in person.
While I am confident in my abilities, I cant help but feel anxious about it. Im worried that things will mess up since its my 'first time'.
Anyone have some ideas/suggestions to ease my nerves? Any wonderful first indcutions for a guy who has never been under before?

Feel free to post here on pm me.
Thanks for the help!

No but i know how you feel i would say just Relax and let it happen drink some nice warm milk before the section you be fine

-B
Tangy
Guru
Guru

Postby hypnodazed » April 2nd, 2013, 4:51 pm

Have a chat with them before you start. Answer any questions they may have. Let them know there isn't a special hypnotised feeling so they'll probably feel normal (or think they do). It is very important that they feel comfortable working with you and can trust you. Discuss boundaries and stick to them during the session. Some people will say you can do whatever you want, however they almost certainly do have boundaries, so gently push them to tell you.

The classic progressive relaxation of parts of the body is a good general induction and easy to remember. For a deepener counting down or going down a flight of stairs / in a lift are easy classics.

As a general hint, the person you are working with doesn't know what you are going to say so if you make a slip just keep going, and work your way around again to what you meant to say. The confusion might even help! If you make a definite mistake, simply correct yourself.

When you have done, remove suggestions and wake them up gradually telling them to return back to how they normally are.

Hope that's helpful
hypnodazed

Return to Meeting Grounds