I'm a bit new to all this....

A place for Subjects and Hypnotists to come together.

Moderator: EMG

I'm a bit new to all this....

Postby erebus99 » May 23rd, 2013, 11:09 am

Hello there. I'm a 23 year old gay male, just starting to get into hypnosis. I was a psychology major in college, and this was an area that always fascinated me. I'm not into feminization, or wetting, or sissification, mostly just into trying some light submission and sexual desire enhancement files at the moment. But I don't really seem to be having great effect with the files I'm using... Sometimes I feel as though I'm doing well, but I have such trouble turning off my mind, and just focusing on what's being said...

Anyways, all that being said, I was hoping to find someone with whom I could chat about all of this... I feel a bit lost and overwhelmed by it all, and just want to try to be a part of the community, and experience what is out there. Or, if you have any file suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them. Please, feel free to send me a Private Message. =)

Thanks.

~E
erebus99

Postby WatDo » May 24th, 2013, 6:01 pm

I was the same way. My mind just doesn't turn off. Going into trance takes some training and you get better at it day by day. It took me only a few days to achieve a useful trance. Sometimes "playing along" with the file will train your mind to let go and go with the flow, even if someone else is telling you to do something. Before you know it, you'll be feeling things or doing things without having to force yourself. If you think things like "I can't do this" or "this is stupid it's not working" then it won't be effective. Hypnosis is just having someone knock on your brain a few times to make you do or feel things you WANT TO DO OR FEEL.

Things that help:
1) Total quietness: earbuds usually help drown out additional sound and make the voice or noises more clear. Thus making it easier to understand. If some part of your mind doesn't understand what's being said, it may be hard for the file to work.

2) Relaxed position you can lay or sit in for a long time: this is a given. During hypnosis you will most likely droop down or go limp, so you want to be in a position that doesn't cause strain or any other discomfort.

3) Dropping tenseness: just let go and relax. Breath in and out.

4) Ignore or work around certain things: you may become so relaxed that you begin drooling, and your instinct would be to straighten up and wipe the drool away. Suffice to say, that ruins the quality of your trance. Tight clothes is also an issue, so wear something comfortable or nothing at all.

5) Replaying the words in your head: instead of letting your own thoughts roam free, repeat everything the person is saying in your mind while they are saying it. It will keep you intensely focused on the file and will stop your mind from wandering to random thoughts like "Oh did I start the washer or did I just load it?"

6) Arousal: a lot of people tend to be a lot more open and submissive when they are aroused. You don't have to go out of your way to make it happen, just lay down and relax. Laying down on your back tends to let blood flow to "other parts" and the arousal just follows. Eventually your mind will associate hypnosis with arousal and it will happen quite easily every time you get hypnotized.

These are just my personal findings, anyway. It took me a few days to get the swing of things, but it took longer than that to go into an incredibly deep trance. It felt like I woke up from the best nap ever when I first succeeded. Not all trances are consistent for me even if it's the same file, so I would assume it's like that for everyone... So don't get discouraged if you feel the results of your hypnosis sessions going up and down.
WatDo
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Meeting Grounds