Alternate Realities

For discussing Anything and Everything.

Moderator: EMG

Alternate Realities

Postby loony28 » February 2nd, 2008, 11:02 am

I was just wondering if people believed that there are alternate realities and if we can go from one to another. This is prompted by a discussion in another forum on here. I'd really like to know what everyone thinks so please answer.
loony28
Guru
Guru

Postby Wildsprite » February 2nd, 2008, 2:28 pm

I believe in them, though I'm not sure what theory I believe about them, some say everything you imagine creates a new reality, that would create an awful lot of new realities IMO
Peace of Mind Is a Blanket That Purrs
When you look at me, tell me what do you see??this is what you get its the way I am - Holly Valance
Wildsprite
Mentor
Mentor

Postby loony28 » February 2nd, 2008, 2:32 pm

Wildsprite wrote:I believe in them, though I'm not sure what theory I believe about them, some say everything you imagine creates a new reality, that would create an awful lot of new realities IMO

Is it your imagination that creates them or do they already exist and your imagination is just you kind of seeing them? Personally I think it's the later.

By the way, who voted no and why?
loony28
Guru
Guru

Postby lauramcan » February 2nd, 2008, 3:19 pm

What is an alternate reality? If it's psychological or strictly nonphysical then yes. See: schizophrenia. If its physical that you speak of, then i say no. But i really dislike science fiction stuff. I haven't even sat through Star Wars in its entirety. I know...i'm a horrible 'person of kink'. no imagination. I just really enjoy the here and now i guess!

This world ain't so bad is it? It's sunny and crisp where I am right now. And wouldn't want it any other way :)
lauramcan
Regular
Regular

Postby hellion0 » February 2nd, 2008, 3:33 pm

For every event there could very well be any number of possible alternate realities. It cannot be proven, but it cannot be disproven, either, since one cannot travel from the one they occupy to another that's already formed, then back to offer proof.

So whatever the answer is, it won't be coming from science.
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."
hellion0
Regular
Regular

Postby loony28 » February 2nd, 2008, 10:09 pm

hellion0 wrote:For every event there could very well be any number of possible alternate realities. It cannot be proven, but it cannot be disproven, either, since one cannot travel from the one they occupy to another that's already formed, then back to offer proof.

So whatever the answer is, it won't be coming from science.

The only proof someone could offer is their word and, let's face it, many people won't believe someone has gone to an alternate reality or that they have come from one. I want to ask a question now. Has anyone of you had very different memories of an event than everyone else? I have some different memories than my parents. I guess I'll share it with you guys.

It was while I was in school, they had wanted me to see a psychiatrist because I believe in ghosts and I said there was a ghost in my house. The memories that my parents have is of me going to the pyschiatrist only once because we didn't have the money. Now I clearly remember that I went a few times every other week. I went basically from the begining of winter to just about the end of spring when school let out for summer. Since I learned what my parents remember is different than what I remember, I've come to the conclusion that I some how jumped from a reality where I went to the psychiatrist many times to one where I only went once.

Some of you will probably say that I still need to see a psyciatrist after you read this but ask me if I care. I have another story that I might tell some other time. Oh and I don't care if you believe me. I know and that's all that really matters to me.
loony28
Guru
Guru

Postby BobbyS » February 3rd, 2008, 5:05 am

The theory of alternate realities is just that. A theory. It's also impossible to be proven or disproven. See the CurseWomb thread post I wrote to see why.

As for whether there are parallel worlds or not, I don't know, so I'm not going to think one way or the other.

Oh and btw loony, with no offence intended, it doesn't matter what you think or what I think - people on this site have their own opinions formed and they won't change them no matter what. People on both sides of the science versus fantasy debate are guilty of this.
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby baby_jessica75 » February 3rd, 2008, 10:03 am

I don't know exactly what to believe about alternate realities I believe it is possible but then again the one thing that I know for sure that I believe in is infinate possibilities.

Loony as far as you needing to see a psyciatrist don't do that because if you are "normal" they will drive you crazy and if you truely are loony they will make you boring. the great thing about infinate possibilities is that even if your theories are not right for others that doesn't make them wrong they are right for you.
reality is no more than a agreed upon belief system that has no stronger roots in truth than any other dream of humanity.

Jessie

baby_jessica75
Regular
Regular

Postby dumpertaker » February 3rd, 2008, 11:33 am

I believe in alternate realities, after all there are multiple paths to life and each choice we make in life, the choices that we do not take (not quite sure how to say that, hope it makes sense...) are the alternate realities.
dumpertaker
Regular
Regular

Postby whatthe75 » February 3rd, 2008, 4:53 pm

Depends on what u mean by alternate realities.

Every person sees and represents the world differently inside there own mind.And what each person experiences is just their own perception of reality. No two brains would be exactly the same,so with that in mind there would be at least 6 billion Human realities.And then of course all the animal realities.

So my answer to the question would be.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby SomePerson » February 3rd, 2008, 5:51 pm

Reality can be countless, yet there is always no spoon.

UNLESS YOU EAT FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH FISH :arrow:
SomePerson
Regular
Regular

Postby BobbyS » February 4th, 2008, 4:45 am

Why SomePerson, I do believe that's one of the sanest and most logical arguments put forward on this site. I salute you, sir!
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby whatthe75 » February 4th, 2008, 5:52 am

Unless he has a Allergy to fish.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby Mino » February 4th, 2008, 11:33 am

I bet vegans love you.
Mino
Regular
Regular

Postby loony28 » February 9th, 2008, 12:07 pm

Well it looks like the majority of people who cared to vote believe that there are alternate realities. It also looks like it's pretty evenly split between those that believe we can jump to these alternate realities at will and those that think it happens only under certain conditions. My next post may be about a reality jump or shift that was shared by at least three other people. If you have any stories that might indicate you've jumped to different realities I'd love to hear them.
loony28
Guru
Guru

Return to Idle Chatter