diaper perfumes

For discussions relating to Diapers, Incontinence, Adult Babies, etc.

Moderator: EMG

diaper perfumes

Postby wohermiston » May 24th, 2009, 9:24 am

hi,
I though I would share some of my research on perfumes and their use as triggers, sort of.
I have been in search of the orginal pampers scent. Alas, no examples exists so you can only work from memory. were taking pre 1990. Pampers went unscented after that time, then returned with a new powder scent which they use now. The original scent was more in the category of female perfume. I know I have detected similar scents in public which leads me to beleive there is a commercial scent that is close, but I have yet to find it. A great site for sampes is the perfumed court and the demeter fragrance library and Clean. Google them.

I beleive a very simple script could use perfume as the trigger or enforcer to make you wet your diaper. The nice thing here is it occurs randomly. All of a sudden you get a hit of the scent and you remember.

I would suggest choosing a scent that has a strong note that you can latch onto. I would not suggest babypowder as you are probably already conditioned and used to that one! My mom liked chanel #5 and I found that one to be very interesting as well.

Demeter's Laundry and Clean's Warm Cotton are both very nice. Demeter has some odd ones too like vinyl and rubber. Have fun and share your experiences. And if any of you old timers come across a match for the original Pampers, don't keep it a secret.
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

sent triggers original

Postby nancypansy » May 24th, 2009, 2:23 pm

I have a strong memory with Dettol a cleaning solution. I first smelled it around the time i found an old corset in the basement.
nancypansy

Postby wohermiston » May 28th, 2009, 1:30 pm

I forgot about this one. As a baby powder scent it is really great, penetrating and long lasting.
http://store.escentialonline.com/shared/StoreFront/product_detail.asp?RowID=3253&CS=escential&All=
or just go to www.escential.net
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Postby LilJennie » May 28th, 2009, 2:58 pm

Mommie's Diaper Fresh smells a lot like the original Pampers perfume, and there's also Powder Fresh and Magic Fresh! [url]http://www.mommiesscents.com/[/url]

I haven't tried the Magic Fresh one yet, but the other two smell just like they say they do!
LilJennie
Regular
Regular

Postby wohermiston » May 29th, 2009, 1:12 pm

I tried the mommy scent diaper fresh, and really did not think it matched my recollection of pampers. maybe one of the other competing brands.
As of now I am finding that a mix of Clean warm cotton and Demeter Pure soap come very close to what I remember. It is a shame there is no accurate reference. I wonder what it would take to get P&G to reveal that secret?
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Postby davelowe1977 » May 29th, 2009, 4:12 pm

wohermiston wrote:I wonder what it would take to get P&G to reveal that secret?

A very expensive law suit!
davelowe1977
Mentor
Mentor

Postby wohermiston » May 29th, 2009, 8:54 pm

I would just be happy to learn what the "notes" were. But since the scent has not been used in nearly 20 years, it would require some research. I'm sure it is in a safe somewhere. I wonder if a properly constructed letter woule elicit some info. Who would you send it to?
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Return to Diapers and Incontinence