Trance or not?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Trance or not?

Postby rikusaotome » January 28th, 2007, 10:33 pm

Okay, I have listened to a few of the files and here are the things I feel when I am listening:

-Tired, like I wanna keep my eyes closed
-Heavy
-Like I don't want to move

But I am not convinced I am trancing at all. If I Have an itch or something, I have no problem moving, and noises around me I am aware of. Plus I have a conscious stream of thought. What am I doing wrong? Will listening to the files more help? Will I eventually trance? Am I trancing lightly already?

Any help would be great! Thanks!
rikusaotome

Postby robbyn » January 28th, 2007, 11:10 pm

Hmmm...I have the same questions!!!! Especially about that itch. However, on the other hand, Cardigan's itch file doesn't seem to work for me. I think I am trancing though, and I actually think rather deeply sometimes. I wonder if some of it has to do with the fact that a live person isn't involved (as opposed to mp3s) and that maybe certain suggestions don't work as well for us. Someone here, forgot his name but a German guy, said that the passive files work better for him than the active ones. Maybe it has something to do with that. Or maybe it has to do with the way we visualize. Maybe some people work better with visual files, some with tactile, and so on.

If you're anything like me, you're spending all this time just trying to "go deep" and wondering what that is. Obviously I am analytical and a perfectionist--not helpful traits for this. I have had some success with files, like trainhousework. As far as the deep trancing, Cardigan has written (I think it was him) that deep trancing isn't always necessary to absorb suggestion. I know that children especially do not really relax in trance but remain active. I didn't deep trance with trainhousework but then went on a cleaning frenzy of my apartment which hadn't been cleaned in a loooooooong time!

Also, if you are trying to notice changes in yourself, it is not as easy as with someone else to observe you--especially if you are part-way "out."

Hopefully someday we'll get this figured out!
robbyn

Postby rikusaotome » January 29th, 2007, 9:00 am

Well, No, I am n ot trying to notice changes in myself. The main files I have listened to are trig files, so There would be no change. For example, I am currently working on emailslave, but I don't think IT is NEARLY ready. I dontk now if I am trancing at all, so I am worried that the file wont work..

Another problem I have is that hypnosis is a major turn on for me, so in the middle of the file, when I hear a suggestion I begind to get a bit of a woody, which will sometimes turn to a full hard on.. does anyone else have this problem?
rikusaotome

Postby dharden » January 29th, 2007, 2:03 pm

While in trance, it's normal to be able to move, and to know that you are able to move, while not wanting to move. So, if your hands need to move in order to scratch an itch, or you need to shift position to be more comfortable, just let it happen.

It's normal to be more-or-less aware of noises around you, even if you're not paying attention to them. Hypnosis involves a redirection or refocusing of attention. For some people, at some times, that may result in being unaware of outside sounds, but if it doesn't, then it doesn't.
dharden
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jack » January 29th, 2007, 9:38 pm

What are you doing wrong? You're thinking you're doing something wrong!

From your description it sounds like you're going into a light trance state when you listen. Remember that unless a suggestion is given for something to occur it won't normally occur unless for some reason someones' unconscious makes it occur. A lot depends on the type of induction, the suggestions given, and how you respond. Unless the files you're listening to are giving suggestions to the effect of "You won't be able to move [your body]." you will most likely be able to still move. The same goes for being able to hear what's occuring around you. A lot of the time if instructions are explicitly given for someone to focus their auditory attention on the inside, the subject can actually get what we call a hyperaesthesia or an increase in sensitivity to sensory stimuli(increased hearing, etc).

In my experience itching can occur for several reasons. One main one is that as your body relaxes more blood is allowed to flow to your skin which will increase the skins' responsiveness, and usually subjects eyes are closed thereby automatically increasing available brain power for all other sensory systems(internal visualization, kinesthetic sensation, and hearing).
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby 9hg7u » January 30th, 2007, 6:58 pm

same thing here, thanks
9hg7u
Regular
Regular

woody

Postby robbyn » January 30th, 2007, 11:01 pm

I was laughing about your "woody" comment because, yes, I also get VERY turned on when I'm being hypnotized, even by a "file." I don't get woody, though, hee hee. But for some reason very turned on. My imagination sometimes starts to go wild--sometimes not. But yes, this can make it very hard to relax! But then, sometimes I relax anyways. In either case, I love seeking out this feeling. But I fear I am becoming hopelessy addicted to this stuff--and don't even have a real person to share this control with. Like you, I don't even know if half of the triggers are even working.

The info above (or below, wherever it ends up) about the itching was informative, thank you.

Happy trancing!
robbyn

Return to Help with Files