And then there was trance.....again.

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

And then there was trance.....again.

Postby blakejsmith » April 8th, 2007, 4:55 am

Alright folks, first off let me say thanks for all the advice. I have tried to search/look at other posts simelar to this, but with no luck alas... so here goes.

I've been trying to go into trance trance for sometime now, (9-10 months, almost daily) but find when I start to relax my whole body breaks out into extreme itchieness.

This happens almost every time I try and go under, which is very distracting to my concious mind, and whenever I move to scratch, it just makes everything worse, and take me back up.

I've tried differant inductions, but with not much luck, and find that I am ionly able to really go deep about 1/20x. Quite ineffective for hypnosis.

I listen before I go to bed, and have the body loop into the night. I figure at least I'll hit the trance cycles 2x a day with this, but have yet to see any results with even the most simple of files (I've tried trigfreeze for a couple of months along the way, right now trying some bedwetting stuff.

I seem to have the dedication, but am not sure if I'm actually going into trance. Theres no "tell signs" for me. Here's what I do feel.

1. Very Relaxed.
2.Body is heavy.
3. Body itches.
4. Mind Wanders from time to time.
5. Get preocupied with not moving and forget to listen to file.
6. I'v also tried to repeat everything hypbotist says but with no results.

Again. I've been trying for quite some time, just with no results (helps me sleep though ;).

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Blake
blakejsmith

Postby warpadice » April 8th, 2007, 3:45 pm

I've had exactly the same problems (although the itching wasn't as bad) for the first few days when I began warping my mind with CurseLucidDreams2. I haven't seen ANY results during the 5 days of using, but last (probably the eleventh) time I listened to the file I noticed that it was easier to concentrate on the voice (and parts of my body really seemed to disappear).

However, since bedwetting and trigfreeze2ing isn't normally among our very deepest wishes (like lucid dreaming), and wetting the bed is commonly unaccepted, there might be a (small but powerful) part in your mind which resists the hypnosis.

You should be preoccupied with listening to the file, not repeating it. And the more you try not to move, the more you actually move. (It took me only practice to overcome this.) Try to find a position on a chair, a sofa or a bed comfortable enough so that you needn't think about staying still. Listen to the files in the morning, the evening or right after work (or any time you have spare time but feel a little tired).
warpadice

Postby blakejsmith » April 9th, 2007, 12:41 am

Thanks for the tips.

Quick question. How was it that you overcame not moving?

Any ideas still n the itching. My main problem still seems to be that I am unable to concentrate on the file long enough because of this itchiesness.

Thanks again for everyones input.

Blake
blakejsmith

Postby warpadice » April 9th, 2007, 3:31 am

I'm not pretty sure how I overcame the problem, but try moving - just a little - or simply do not think about staying still during the induction part. If you concentrate a lot on staying still you will probably stiffen your muscles instead of relaxing them.

Open your mouth and let your jaw bone move into a natural position (somewhere between closed and wide open*). This will relax the neck and face muscles almost automatically, helps keeping your eyes closed and still, allowing you to easily concentrate on listening.

This helped me both with hypnosis and playing the cello, so I suggest that you try it.

If you have BIG problems emptying your mind, try thinking about the file's results and how you want them.

About itching. Um... Try finding a good shower gel that takes special care about keeping your skin moist. Wear clothes made of natural materials like cotton. (These allow your skin to "breathe".) Avoid swimming pools, because these contain chloric water which worsens the itching.

*Needless to say, this applies to all other parts you relax.
warpadice

Postby blakejsmith » April 9th, 2007, 3:35 am

Alriight, great suggestions, I'll give 'em a shot, THANKS!!!!!

Blake
blakejsmith

Return to Help with Files