volume control?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

volume control?

Postby kjk » July 5th, 2007, 8:06 pm

If I am having trouble going into trance, should I turn the volume down on my headphones? Maybe the voice is too loud and distracting me or something. Even if I can barely hear the voice, I was thinking maybe my subconscious could.

Also, does it always seem to "black out" while you are in trance? I'm not sure if I've been able to yet, and I always remember everything whenever I try.
kjk

Postby Kharon » July 5th, 2007, 8:22 pm

I've read that many people get turned off to hypnosis because it's not so powerful as they expect. At the same time, it's possible that even if a hypnotists suggests for you to remember everything about the session, you could forget it because you believe in your subconscious that you should forget everything about a hypnotic session... But do not expect to "black out" when you start off, or even every time. This can be a good sign when it does happen, or it could be a false positive -- perhaps the suggestions are in such conflict with you that your mind simply ignores them entirely.

Turning the volume down to a comfortable point will help, as will seeking a more comfortable voice to listen to. As great as EMG is for making this site, I also have trouble responding to his inductions because I'm not comfortable with his voice.

Do not doubt, but don't force yourself to try either. Just relax and listen, and if you remember the session, there is nothing wrong with it.
Kharon
Regular
Regular

Postby lazzyz » November 2nd, 2007, 8:17 pm

I agree with Kharon, the EMG's voice I often find is neither relaxing nor effective for trancing. I believe its a mixture of my just not finding it pleasent and the tendency for the volume to change drastically between the induction and the body. This causes alot of issues because its something the concious mind can grasp onto it, and mine most often will. So I'd say maintain a pleasent and solid volume would be the most effective.

As for quiet, I've found I can enter a pretty trance-like state listening to loud music of different types its the continuous beats and the monontony that allows my mind to unfocus but since that is all there is, it simply floats away, for me.

Not sure if this helps but I think sharing always helps us understand further.
lazzyz

Return to Help with Files