making a compilation

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

making a compilation

Postby donna_cd » August 1st, 2007, 6:10 am

I've been on here lurking & trying out a few of the free files for awhile now & have been promising myself to buy a membership so i can make my own compilation disc.
My problem comes with not being very savvy when it comes to using a pc, so i need to know how easy it is to make my own list?
If i want to use 2 or more files together is it an easy task for a novice ?
Any helpful comments would be appreciated ,thanks. donna
donna_cd
Regular
Regular

Re: making a compilation

Postby sarnoga » August 2nd, 2007, 4:41 am

donna_cd wrote:I've been on here lurking & trying out a few of the free files for awhile now & have been promising myself to buy a membership so i can make my own compilation disc.
My problem comes with not being very savvy when it comes to using a pc, so i need to know how easy it is to make my own list?
If i want to use 2 or more files together is it an easy task for a novice ?
Any helpful comments would be appreciated ,thanks. donna

Yes, it is a very easy task. I don't know what software you use to play the files but most of the available software allows you to make a play list. Simply put the induction of your choice FIRST in the play list followed by one or more bodies of files that you want to listen to next and put a wakener at the end. Then sit back and listen. Thats all there is to it.
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby donna_cd » August 2nd, 2007, 6:29 am

Thanks for that Sarnoga,only problem i can see now is,where do i get an awakener from,i'm planning on using emg's files as i know his voice works for me,so if i put 2 files together how do i seperate the wakener out from the 1st? Also how many files can be used together like this?
donna_cd
Regular
Regular

Postby sarnoga » August 3rd, 2007, 6:25 am

donna_cd wrote:Thanks for that Sarnoga,only problem i can see now is,where do i get an awakener from,i'm planning on using emg's files as i know his voice works for me,so if i put 2 files together how do i seperate the wakener out from the 1st? Also how many files can be used together like this?

Last time I looked at the entire file list I think there were many stand alone inductions and at least one wakener maybe more. Just put the induction first followed by the bodies of the files you want to listen to and follow that with the wakener.

I would suggest not more that three bodies to avoid things being too long unless you also put some deepeners in with the bodies. But that just depends on what works for you.

Sarnoga
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby donna_cd » August 3rd, 2007, 10:18 am

Thanks again,i am planning on 2 bodies to start with,so is it better tp put the deepener in between them,or after the induction?
sorry to be a pain & i promise no more q's till i have tried it !!
donna_cd
Regular
Regular

Postby notyou » August 3rd, 2007, 5:15 pm

I usually start with 3 deepeners, and put a short induction between every 2 bodies. Your results may vary.
Last edited by notyou on August 6th, 2007, 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
notyou
Regular
Regular

Postby slavespike » August 6th, 2007, 4:22 pm

What I've done is...
1: remove the induction and wakeup part of all hypno files and saved them as filename-BODY
2: edit the induction part out of deepener1-remix (keeping the deepening part)
3: edit a file again just saving the wakener part
4: Make a playlist with
original deepener(without wakeup)
suggestion file
deepener part
suggestion file
wakeup part of one of the files

All this is very easy with audacity.

Oh, and to prevent a shock of the background sound slamming into the session, I used fade in/fade out so deepener1-remix starts/ends gently.
slavespike

Postby donna_cd » August 6th, 2007, 4:26 pm

well,what can i say ! it probably seems very easy for you to do all that,but it just blows my mind thinking about all that editing !
donna_cd
Regular
Regular

Postby slavespike » August 6th, 2007, 4:30 pm

Give "audacity" a TRY.
:)
It's very easy to use, and it's free to download.
Works crossplatform too (windows, linux, mac...)
slavespike

Return to Help with Files