Recommended File Length?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Recommended File Length?

Postby AFA » September 30th, 2007, 12:36 am

I have a small question.

I was wondering when creating a file is there any real recommend or optimal range for time. (File including Induction, Deepener, Suggestions, and Wakener?)

Sorry if I’m repeating a question but I didn’t see it anywhere.
AFA
Regular
Regular

Re: Recommended File Length?

Postby EMG » September 30th, 2007, 12:58 am

I don't have an ideal guideline, but I tend to recommend you keep it under 40 minutes just because that's a lot of someone's day. beyond that it will depend on how long you take to take the listener down. Once I have them there I usually spend 8-12 minutes giving suggestions before waking the person up but a more complex file can certainly run longer and I could easily imagine 30 minutes of body if you had something you were trying to accomplish and had planned it out thoroughly.

GuyD wrote:I have a small question.

I was wondering when creating a file is there any real recommend or optimal range for time. (File including Induction, Deepener, Suggestions, and Wakener?)

Sorry if I’m repeating a question but I didn’t see it anywhere.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby hellion0 » September 30th, 2007, 1:04 am

Timing is different for everyone, but what EMG said is a good general example. Some people can handle more. some, less.

Myself, my playlist is over four hours. Then again, I'm trying to do a lot.
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."
hellion0
Regular
Regular

Postby AFA » September 30th, 2007, 1:55 am

Thanks for the speedy responses.

Yeah I am trying to create a file right now and haven’t had time to do a proper recording yet but to test it I used VH and it just seamed awfully long (00:56:17). It still needs a lot of work but thanks again for the suggestions.
AFA
Regular
Regular

Postby HypnoWraith » September 30th, 2007, 8:01 am

I've done sessions as long as two hours, but these can be very mentally tiring for the subject. For longer sessions, I recommend that you also suggest that they have a high level of energy when it's over, and that they feel like it was only ten minutes of trance.
Always looking for comments and suggestions on my new Hypno Domination blog, http://hypnodom.blogspot.com !
HypnoWraith
Regular
Regular

Postby slutinmyhead » July 28th, 2010, 2:00 am

15-25 minutes is optimal for me. If a file is much longer, I'll sometimes skip listening to the induction in entirely, especially if I've heard it several times before.
slutinmyhead
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files