Well, it's a bummer

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Well, it's a bummer

Postby Russian446 » November 27th, 2007, 10:37 pm

Well, hypno-comrades, after tinkering with all the induction files on the site, i have come to the conclusion that the level of trance i need to go down into is too strong and deep that it would probably be impossible for a file to work.

If anyone has any suggestions on how i can make my willingness of trance better (besides the suggestion files, i just can't get those either), please post. I'd like to honestly have at least one file work.

Everyone's favorite 1940s Fighter for the People,
Russian446
Russian446

Postby axl233 » November 27th, 2007, 11:57 pm

I think the solution to getting a into a good trance is 3 fold

1. Be slightly tired -- I find it easier to trance if do it in the afternoon or a couple hours before bed. It helps to have a beer a little while before (but only 1 beer).

2. Be very comfortable. I find I can't trance well while sitting, I have to be lying down in the exact same position that I sleep in. If I get an itch or an ache, I tell my self that the itch is going away, and through the power of self hypnosis, it goes away.

3. Pick an induction you like and stick with it. Everybody has different preferences in terms of style or voice, so just pick the best one you have tried and keep practicing. You don't have to have to have a blackout to have been in a trance, a light trance would be find to start. Maybe try something simple, like Cardigan's "Itchy Foot", to see if the induction worked.

Another idea, pick an induction, and put your player on repeat one, and listen to it for an hour. I did this once to prepare for meditation and it was so weird...
axl233
Regular
Regular

Postby hellion0 » November 29th, 2007, 3:17 am

I always end up having to use two inductions, one after the other, in order to go under.

Sometimes quantity works.
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."
hellion0
Regular
Regular

Postby Russian446 » December 1st, 2007, 10:16 pm

<impressed>

hm. well, after the post suggestions, i did try Cardigan's "Horny" (the itching foot file seems like a bother), and it does work. i just don't get it at all with the bigger files, like "EnchantedKeyboardCurse" or the like.

i might try two suggestions in a row, though, for bigger files. thanks for the info, hypno-comrades.

Everyone's favorite 1940s Fighter for the People,
Russian446
Russian446

Postby BobbyS » December 2nd, 2007, 5:55 am

The thing is something like Cardigan's Horny file is very simple and easy for your mind to follow, whereas EnchantedKeyboardCurse is more complex. My advice would be to just carry on with the simpler files for now, and use deepener files too, allowing you to go deeper. Once you've stuck with that for a while, move on up to the more advanced files.
It sounds to me like you're just as capable of going into hypnotic trances as the next man, you're just maybe being a bit too ambitious too early on.
BobbyS
Guru
Guru

Postby liljonny » December 2nd, 2007, 6:36 am

The level of trance required by different people will very. I sometimes even get effects from files without even listing to an induction and not going into trance.
liljonny
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files