Narco-hypnosis

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Narco-hypnosis

Postby OMGWTFBBQ » March 12th, 2008, 6:19 pm

Does anyone know the effectiveness of taking certain hypnosis-aiding drugs?

I have read that many, even OTC, drugs are available that can help put someone in trance.

Hexobarbitorn, pentobarbituates, analgesics, antihistamines, all variety of drugs are suggested for use. It's a very under-researched area.

I was just wondering if anyone has more information. I'm not going to risk drugging myself if it won't even help.
OMGWTFBBQ
Regular
Regular

Postby 3NN » April 7th, 2008, 1:12 am

I would strongly suggest you stay away from such methods for the same reason I refuse to hypnotize the drunk or drug influenced. To be sure, the idea of having a relaxation aid is appealing, but it may hinder the minds ability to focus on the object of desire or the voice of the hypnotist, either of which would be catastrophic to the process.

There are, however, several relaxation drills you can do on your own before you listen to the file, reducing the frequency of your brainwaves halfway to alpha before you even begin.

The tried and true breathing technique: An absolute absence of thought brought on by the sensation of simply breathing and focusing on that sensation.

And then theres Relaxation Wave, which is one of my favorite pre-induction drills.

Get comfortable and relax as far as your body is able to. Now slowly recite this list and as you do, imagine that a wave of warm white light flows through that part of the body, relaxing it and every muscle around it into a state of almost liquid comfort.

Toes
Feet
Ankles
Calves
Knees
Quads
Groin
Hips
Lower Back
Along the Spine
Around the Ribcage
Across the Clavicle
Around the Shoulders
Down the Biceps
Elbows
Forearms
To the tips of each finger
Slowly traveling back up the arms around the neck
Up the back of the head
Spreading over the scalp
Forehead
Bridge of the Nose
Cheeks
Mouth
Tongue
Chin and Neck
Eyes
Ears

I hope this doesn't seem to complicated, it takes me no more than a minute to complete anymore, but when I started it could take anywhere between 5 and 10 minutes to complete. Its a very useful skill to have, and I would strongly recommend learning it.
3NN

Return to Help with Files