nature of subliminals...

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

nature of subliminals...

Postby Apothem » April 12th, 2008, 10:48 pm

What are the characteristics of a subliminal? I know they're an audio layer put behind some music or other noise, but do they function differently in implementation? Where's some good information on these I could read as well? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.
Apothem
Regular
Regular

Postby Fixx » April 13th, 2008, 10:06 am

It's a matter of controversy whether subliminals work at all.

Here's a short document from a sceptical perspective, only 14 pages. It mentions the theory behind them, if nothing else it should give you some insight:

http://people.uleth.ca/~vokey/pdf/Submess.pdf
Fixx

Postby Shameless » April 17th, 2008, 11:36 am

YES THEY WORK...

Yes subliminal recordings are different from standard hypnotic recordings in that you require no formal hypnotic induction to use them. Mainly you will use suggestions of "Obey", "I am now speaking directly to your sub conscience mind" and "Focus on my words" combined with "Direct Drive Techniques" to embed the thought , idea or change. Personally I like to personalize the recording by using the name of the person whom the file is intended this seems to add authority to the sub consciences acceptance of the recording.

The subliminal recordings are great for inducing emotional responses, happiness, sadness, arousal and even fear if that is what your intention is. Now with that said, you can do real change work in regard to behavior, attitudes and stimuli responses so long as you are invoking a positive emotional response as a reward for the sub conscience mind for following your suggestions.

Keep in mind that the sub conscience mind will reject any idea that it is totally opposed to, my most successful accomplishments have been with having a series of small changes over several recordings to arrive at a goal.

Subliminal recording tend to take longer than hypnotic recording however I find that they work best with repetition. have a file in loop while you sleep is fantastic way to produce changes in your waking state, the reverse in true for changes you want in your sleep state.

I could go on and on however I hope that covers your question, any question, PM me and I do my best to answer your questions.
Shameless

Return to General Hypnosis