Rewarding good ideas?

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Rewarding good ideas?

Postby demigraff » July 6th, 2009, 4:28 am

I just thought ... if a really good idea appears on the voting page, and somebody makes the file, the hypnotist gets a few months of premium membership for their efforts. But at the moment, I don't think the person who had that idea gets any reward. It might be nice to give the person who posted the idea something, too.

Maybe even give temporary premium status to whoever posted the most popular idea currently on the voting page. (The game-theory part of my brain suggests a free day for the file with the highest pos/neg ratio, excluding files whose author has already had more days than the number of +ve votes)
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Re: Rewarding good ideas?

Postby EMG » July 6th, 2009, 7:50 am

Not a bad idea, and not a terribly difficult one either. I may go ahead and put that into practice.

demigraff wrote:I just thought ... if a really good idea appears on the voting page, and somebody makes the file, the hypnotist gets a few months of premium membership for their efforts. But at the moment, I don't think the person who had that idea gets any reward. It might be nice to give the person who posted the idea something, too.

Maybe even give temporary premium status to whoever posted the most popular idea currently on the voting page. (The game-theory part of my brain suggests a free day for the file with the highest pos/neg ratio, excluding files whose author has already had more days than the number of +ve votes)
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby demigraff » July 11th, 2009, 7:02 am

On the subject of the voting page, I added a few ideas today (actually quite a few ... my imagination was working overdrive). I see a few of them on the page now, but not all of them. I'm guessing they didn't make the grade as far as quality is concerned?

Would it be possible to have a notification when a suggestion you submitted is approved or rejected? I can't remember all of the ones that didn't make it, so a reminder would have been nice.
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » July 11th, 2009, 9:33 am

I seldom reject ideas outright, it's possible that I simply haven't had a chance to approve them yet as I see 3 waiting votes right now.

I will have to think about sending accept/reject notices as then people might want reasons.

demigraff wrote:On the subject of the voting page, I added a few ideas today (actually quite a few ... my imagination was working overdrive). I see a few of them on the page now, but not all of them. I'm guessing they didn't make the grade as far as quality is concerned?

Would it be possible to have a notification when a suggestion you submitted is approved or rejected? I can't remember all of the ones that didn't make it, so a reminder would have been nice.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Site Improvements