Issues with the journal page

Here's a place to suggest/discuss improvements to the site.

Moderator: EMG

Issues with the journal page

Postby demigraff » July 10th, 2009, 11:56 pm

I've been trying to keep a journal the last few days, and am slowly getting more annoyed with it.

Is there a guide somewhere to what HTML is allowed and what isn't? I've noticed that sometimes you can make paragraphs using <p>, but sometimes it is stripped from the content, and everything runs together. (On editing these entries, the tags are still there). I've found that I can use <blockquote>, but I'm not allowed to set its border attributes. Also, sometimes when you edit a page, single quotes or apostrophes are escaped as \', sometimes they're left as they are. I can't figure out what's different between those two entries.

If journal entries have to be entered in HTML, it might make it easier to add something like TinyMCE. All you have to do is upload the javascript files, and then add a tag to include it on the "new entry" page, and it helps forgetful users by adding <p> and </p> on the client side (as well as giving you a nice elegant toolbar for simple formatting)
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » July 11th, 2009, 12:34 am

I will look into adding TinyMCE as the journal system has always been at least mildly painful.

I may also consider it for file descriptions.

Thanks for the suggestion.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Site Improvements