questions about trance/hypnosis

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

questions about trance/hypnosis

Postby sungoddd » January 12th, 2010, 8:52 pm

I' am fairly new to this i guess. I just have a few questions about trance itself and hypnosis?.

If you are in trance do you remember what has happened? Or does that depend if the file tells you not to remember or to remember?

I believe i am having trouble getting into trance, or at least holding it, but what happens is i blackout/sleep.. etc for about 5-10 secs then come back, this happens many times through the file, mostly near the ending of the intro/body part. Is this going into a deep trance or me just falling asleep most likely?

If you are in a trance and a file tells you to move your arm, will you move it without thinking or can you tell it not to move? Just wondering how that aspect works.

Also are there any clear cut signs/feelings etc that you are in trance?

Thanks
sungoddd

Re: questions about trance/hypnosis

Postby ShadowSabre » January 12th, 2010, 9:22 pm

Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here.

sungoddd wrote:If you are in trance do you remember what has happened? Or does that depend if the file tells you not to remember or to remember?

The answer is that it depends on a lot of factors: whether you want to forget or not, how deep into trance you are, and how much you trust the hypnotist, among other factors. I almost always remember my trances, although on occasion some details will go fuzzy. However, others have trouble -not- forgetting, and blank out easily.

I believe i am having trouble getting into trance, or at least holding it, but what happens is i blackout/sleep.. etc for about 5-10 secs then come back, this happens many times through the file, mostly near the ending of the intro/body part. Is this going into a deep trance or me just falling asleep most likely?

It does sound like trance to me. One sure sign is the end of the file-- do you wake up during the wakening part of the file? Otherwise, don't worry too much about whether or not you're in trance-- you'll find your way there someday.

If you are in a trance and a file tells you to move your arm, will you move it without thinking or can you tell it not to move? Just wondering how that aspect works.

In my experience, I can tell it not to move, and resist the commands if I want to. However, I usually don't want to resist. It's easier to just relax and follow instructions. This is a good thing, a sort of safeguard-- if anyone tells me to do something I object to I am fully capable of resistance. So are you-- hypnosis cannot directly force you to do something you don't wish to do. (Indirectly, however.. it is possible, though difficult, to change someone's desires with hypnosis.)

Also are there any clear cut signs/feelings etc that you are in trance?

Try not to obsess over if you're in trance or not; it's a bit different for everyone. But I usually feel a little 'floaty' and disconnected when I'm in trance, if that helps any.

Have fun!
ShadowSabre
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files