Hypnotic spirals

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Hypnotic spirals

Postby Realm » April 7th, 2010, 7:55 am

I've been trying out a file to increase susceptibility to hypnosis as well as an accelerator file hoping that they'll complement each other in helping me get into trance, and it seems to be working a charm. I've also been listening to subliminal files along the same lines. Still, one thing I've always had trouble with when going into trance is keeping my mind from being too aware of itself. Particularly when my eyes are closed, I have trouble letting my mind just wander and I think about whether I'm deep enough in trance and if it's really having an effect on me etc. etc.

So lately I've been trying out hypnotic spirals while I listen to files. It really helps to clear my mind and put me in trance much faster. I can literally feel the difference. Sometimes I'll close my eyes if they get tired but I haven't been too worried about whether they're shut or I'm watching the spiral.

My question is whether this is a good approach or not. It seems that subjective success is the best way to gauge how useful one technique is over another, and maybe I've just gotten better at going into trance on the whole, but I thought I'd ask here to get the opinions of more experienced people. Does having your eyes open or closed have much of an effect on how deep you can go into trance?
Realm
Regular
Regular

Postby darkenedav » April 7th, 2010, 12:23 pm

I personally find it harder to enter deep trance with my eyes open.

That being said I've had trances with my eyes open :) they just feel different, much like left hand to right hand I guess.

Keep in mind everyone's different so others might differ ;)
darkenedav
Guru
Guru

Postby cardigan » April 12th, 2010, 1:40 am

If gazing at a spiral helps you go into trance, then by all means use it. We need to use what works! And then when your eyes get tired, and you feel a desire to close them, then just do so and enjoy the nice feeling of relaxation as you go much deeper.

Cardigan
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby Realm » April 13th, 2010, 5:55 am

Thanks for the advice, but last night I tried going into trance (using one of Cardigan's inductions actually) without the spiral and found I went a little deeper than the time before. So I think I might just be getting better at going into trance, which is good news because staring at a spiral and having to worry about blinking is very distracting lol.
Realm
Regular
Regular

Return to Help with Files