Trancing help

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Trancing help

Postby sumone » January 19th, 2012, 12:59 am

Hi everyone.
I just wanted to borrow some of you more experienced people's time to get a little help.

Lately I have been trying EMG's Train Susceptability. When I listen I relax and feel everything go heavy. However I tend to loose my focus on EMG's voice and drift off. When I drift off I can't remember anything and I estimate that its probably for a few minutes at a time. Is this going into a deeper trance? Or is this just me falling asleep for a couple minutes at a time?

If it is trance, any tips on how to stay in that state and not drift back would be appreciated.

If it is sleep, any tips on how to stay awake would also be appreciated :roll: .

Thanks in advance!
sumone

Postby ocntrl » January 19th, 2012, 2:44 am

It is normal for your awareness to drift a bit up and down while listening.

To have a feel whether it is sleep or a more focused state it is most obvious when looking at how you react to the wakener.

If you react to the wakener feeling as EMG describes, and are 'back' when the count ends, most likely you were in trance.

On the other hand if you awake after the file end, possibly feeling sluggish,not really reacting to the count, you more likely were dozing off.

I would not worry too much about the drifting. Some days you will drift more and some less.

All the best of luck with your endeavor.
ocntrl
Mentor
Mentor

Postby shy_girl » February 9th, 2012, 11:10 am

i have this problem too, snoozing gets in the way. i've personally found the best time to trance is a few hours after waking up in the morning, maybe that might work for you too :)
shy_girl

Return to General Hypnosis