Complete Newbie to Hypnosis help please?

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Complete Newbie to Hypnosis help please?

Postby sludgematrix » November 8th, 2014, 5:24 am

Hi,

I've been interested in hypnosis for a while and have a basic understanding of the techniques used from reading on the web etc..

I only recently attempted to hypnotise my partner after she expressed an interest in it and liked the idea of sexual suggestions.

The first couple of times was right before bed and she showed signs of eye catalepsy and limb spasms but wouldn't respond to basic suggestions and simply fell asleep.
I've tried the same routine during the daylight hours and she's just started giggling and won't go into trance at all.

I'm trying to use simple/basic techniques such as deep breathing, feeling heavy and relaxed down across the body followed with depenening with visualising steps leading down and a soft bed at the bottom.

I know that there isn't a 'one script fits all' solution and it's about the technique also but is there a script that has a high success rate for newbs that someone could recommend please?

Please go easy on me as this is my first post here.

Thanks for reading.
sludgematrix

Postby wohermiston » November 8th, 2014, 8:45 am

http://discreplay.typepad.com/hypnotic_psychotherapy/docs/extRef/Milton%20H%20Erickson%20-%20Hypnotherapy%20-%20An%20Exploratory%20Casebook.pdf

This has helped me alot to understand the mechanisms.
The more you know about your subject, the more you can personalize the session. Also, keep in mind this has to be something she really wants.
Good Luck
WOH
wohermiston
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis