Hypnosis anxieties

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Hypnosis anxieties

Postby FinWolfsky » July 1st, 2013, 4:37 am

Hi all, I'm so glad I found this site! I've peeked in here on and off, but finally forced myself to actually join!

I'm wondering if some of you guys can well....help me put some of my anxieties to ease. I have been studying hyonosis for about 5 years on and off, nut have yet to be fully hypnotized myself. Well...that is going to change very soon...hopefully.

A dear friend and one of the few people that I trust enough to call owner will be hypnotizing me over voice sometime soon (hopefully within a few days!) I'm well....worried that I won't be able to slip under.

I've studied the mechanics of how hypnosis works, but there's something that keeps telling me that it might not work! My only experince on the subject side of things is self-hypnosis recordings like the ones on this site. I'll start to feel relaxed and calm, and my mind begins to let itself go...then....well...I don't know, it doesn't go any further.

My mind keeps trying to check itself to see if it's working, i'll start to itch, my visual focus will drift from my focusing point, my mind won't be quiet...all of these things have ruined my experience when it comes to the pre-recorded sessions. Haha good old ADHD.

Hypnosis means a lot to me as does it to my master/friend/hypnotist, and it'd suck royally if I couldn't relax enough to go under for him....:cry:. And it is something I REALLY want to do and work at. .does anyone have any first-time advice for someone like me?

Thanks for your advice~
FinWolfsky

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » July 1st, 2013, 6:24 am

Hi, FinWolfsky.

When some folks go swimming, they wade into the water slowly. Others dive in all at once. You've actually joined! Welcome to WMM.

You've asked for first-time advice.

Because you've studied hypnosis for 5 years, I'm giving you an assignment... assigning a task for you to do. It has three steps.
    First Step:
    Put yourself into a nice trance. Do what you usually do to feel relaxed and calm, and to reach the point where your mind begins to let go.

Second Step:
    Hold onto the relaxed feeling and have a conversation with your master/friend/hypnotist. Talk about anything except hypnosis... the weather, TV shows, grocery shopping. The important thing is to practice holding onto the relaxed feeling.

Third Step:
    After the conversation is over, once again, put yourself into a relaxed, calm trance. Take time to celebrate your practice. Focus on what went well, proud of skill you're gaining.
There you have it... A task with three steps.

There you have it... An invitation to use what you've studied.

There you have it... You really can decide whether to wade in slowly or dive in all at once.
Last edited by MN_FriendlyGuy on July 1st, 2013, 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
The chains of habit are too light to be felt until they’re too heavy to be broken.

Check out my latest journal entry: here.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby Marian » July 1st, 2013, 7:15 am

Haha good old ADHD

For me there are three is a step plan working very good:

1. practise with methylphenidate
2. try harder
3. more practise

I is possible with ADHD too.
Marian
Regular
Regular

Postby Endo » July 1st, 2013, 9:37 am

Do you close your eyes? More importantly, what other stuff have you tried? Isochronic tones, binaurals, white/pink noise, etc.? If you haven't, than you should do so, they can be very helpful in getting you under.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis