Cursed to switch language

A place to discuss file ideas, work on scripts with others, or just issue a challenge to see who can create the best file/script.

Moderator: EMG

Cursed to switch language

Postby ViralVixen » July 16th, 2013, 9:15 pm

Hey y'all!

I just wanted to share a file idea that I've had for a while. Basically it would be a curse which would make you do everything you can in order to learn a new language. This could either be any language or one that's predetermined in the file, as both have their advantages (the former would make the file more versatile whilst the latter would allow it to be more specialized and actually include the target language). The sinister twist though is that as you learn more of the new language you would begin to forget your native language, until it reaches the point where you are completely fluent in the new one, but either unable to understand the original language at all, or at least are limited to only the very basic stuff you might use on holiday.

What do people think of the idea?
ViralVixen
Regular
Regular

Postby Sweets185 » July 31st, 2013, 10:51 pm

I like this idea however I would expand it to say/.American sign language.
And they would stop speaking for they would then be using their hands to speak.
Sweets185

Postby ViralVixen » August 2nd, 2013, 7:12 pm

Ooh, I hadn't considered sign language but that could definitely work!
ViralVixen
Regular
Regular

Postby Sweets185 » August 2nd, 2013, 9:33 pm

Oh please let me know when this becomes a free file.
I know that I would like an excuse to only use what ASL I know.
Sweets185

Postby StrippedGears » August 5th, 2013, 2:38 pm

This definitely twinges on several kinks of mine. It'd be pretty cool if there was a variant where instead of forgetting your native language entirely it merely gave you a thicker and thicker accent and restricting your native vocabulary in some way. For example, learning French and having your native language shift more and more into a heavily accented French maid accent. An especially cruel spinoff could define your limited vocabulary as "only the bare minimum you need to be a sex worker"... for both the native language AND the learned language.
StrippedGears
Regular
Regular

Postby ViralVixen » August 5th, 2013, 6:31 pm

The idea of having your native language simply being restricted with a heavy accent rather than overwritten completely certainly has merit. The bit about being limited to the minimum vocabulary for being a sex worker is pleasingly malicious, but I think it'd be too complex for a general file. It could work for a follow up or something though.

What language would be best for this? Or would a more general one be better?
ViralVixen
Regular
Regular

Postby Sweets185 » August 5th, 2013, 11:16 pm

I think both to curtail this fire to the basic three: French, Spanish, and Cantonese.

For starters.
Sweets185

Postby ViralVixen » August 6th, 2013, 3:02 am

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Are you saying include three languages in one file? Because that kind of defeats the purpose of making it a specific language.
ViralVixen
Regular
Regular

Postby Sweets185 » August 6th, 2013, 11:53 am

no no..just giving ideas of languages..the one you pick is your choice. :?
Sweets185

Postby ViralVixen » August 6th, 2013, 3:11 pm

Oh I see! Sorry, misunderstood.

I'm thinking French at the moment, if only because I know some French and thus will be able to actually use it in the file.
ViralVixen
Regular
Regular

Postby Psmith » March 16th, 2014, 6:31 pm

I am English, but would love to see a file that induces me to learn another language, to be enslaved by another language, preferably French.
Psmith

Postby OxyFemboi » March 17th, 2014, 10:07 am

The most common languages in the Americas are English, Spanish, French (mostly Quebec and some Caribbean islands), and Portuguese (Brazil). These would probably be the most useful languages if you make the file specific.

I would prefer leaving the choice of language up to the listener.

http://www.learningstrategies.com had -- I think they still do -- Easy6Learn languages that were taught using NLP techniques. There were two different sound tracks (one for each ear). They had French, German, and Spanish.
Peace Love Unity Respect

Ox & Honey & Yoshi & Rocky & Dave & Adam
Hypnosis & NLP are the install programs for fetishes and phobias.
OxyFemboi
Annoyance
Annoyance

Location: Johnstown, Cambria, Pennsylvania, USA, Terra (Sol III)

Return to File Ideas, Scripts, and Challenges