Stuborn subject that wants to be hypnotised

A place to discuss the files and hypnosis in general

Moderator: EMG

Stuborn subject that wants to be hypnotised

Postby Justmeandyou » February 10th, 2006, 4:41 pm

I have a subject that wants to be hypnotised, but will not go under due to his fears. I have been in practice for over 10 years and this guy is driving me nuts. Does anyone have any suggestions. This session is over the phone like a lot of my sessisons are.
Justmeandyou

Postby op_z » February 10th, 2006, 7:14 pm

It's interesting.

I've had similar challenges... and I think key often is like you said... "he wants to... but he will not..."

He will not. Meaning often times subjects are unwillng to go as deep as they'd want to experience. And often times this unwillingness is unconscious.

What sometimes works is just taking it slow and using a permissive style (along with a few embedded commands):

"I know that you desire to go into a deep and powerful trance. And the question I have is.... on a scale of 1-10... how deep are you willing to go?"

You'd be surprised that when asked... sometimes they'll say"Well maybe 6-7."

If they come off with the 10 right off... then ask them if there is a part of them that might have been wanting (past tense) to keep them from a 9-10. And deal with that part.

Once that's out in the open... you can work with it a bit.

Reverse the implicit 'But'

"So until this moment (implying that this is a limitation that's about to change) you've had (past tense) a willingness to feel safe and comfortable as you go into a deep trance of 6 or 7.... but there is a desire to go even deeper than that, isnt there?"

"Yes"

"That's right. and because you have this desire to go even deeper and to feel safe secure and comfortable as you do go even deeper than perhaps as you imagine that now, what I'm wondering is that when we reach depth of 6 or 7, that does feel completely safe, secure and comfortable is it possible that the willingness will increase to an 8- or a 9 or... a safe and comfortable deep trance of 10 (previous said with a statement/command tonality) Do you think that might be alright?"

With that stack of embedded commands and reversing the 'but', generally you'll get the implicit permission. Bring them to 7 making each step feel better than the last. Get permission to bring 8-9-10 making it feel soooo much better with every step even lower. Then go 100 ;) and take control, ratifying desires by giving the suggestion in the structure of "And a part of you would like to blah blah blah, isn't that right?" "and because you'd like that... blah blah blah".

There are 100 different ways to approach the challenge but this is just something off the top of my head.

Good Luck

OpZ
op_z

stuborn subject

Postby Justmeandyou » February 10th, 2006, 7:35 pm

Thanks, I have tried that to no availe but will try it again.
Justmeandyou

Postby op_z » February 10th, 2006, 8:01 pm

Out of curiosity...

What does he say to the initial inquiry of willingness?

When he gets to the level he's comfortable at does he acknowldege a desire and willingness to go deeper when asked?
op_z

stuborn subject

Postby Justmeandyou » February 10th, 2006, 9:58 pm

He states he is very willing to do what I ask of him, and allow me to take control of his thoughts and mind.
He says he wants to experience hypnosis and is willing to take it as far as I will go with him in any form.
however he does not listen to me when I ask him to relax, and he keeps talking while I try to get him under.
What do you do with this type of person over the phone.
Normally I would use a light or a gentle shoulder shove to make him go under. But over the phone I am at witts end with this guy.
Justmeandyou

Postby op_z » February 10th, 2006, 11:49 pm

Christ.

I hate to mindread but the guy sounds like a wanker who just wants to get off on the idea of being hypnotized rather than actually going thru with it.

That kind of behavior is either defensive in nature or looking to be punished. Either way it's disruptive.

For me, the test would be:

1. Before we begin are you willing to do as I say for the for the next 45 minutes?

Yes

2. Are you willing to BE COMPLETELY SILENT unless I ask you a question, and if I ask you a question to answer that question with no more than two words?

Yes

Give everything else a go then and if he breaks rule 2... it's a waste of your time. Have him call the hypno-phone sex line. ;)

OpZ
op_z

stuborn subject

Postby Justmeandyou » February 11th, 2006, 1:14 am

Well 30 minutes ago that was exactly what I had to tell the guy.
He sure was not able to shut up and pay attention to me and was just not willing to try.
Thanks for your help!
Justmeandyou

Postby loony28 » February 11th, 2006, 7:38 am

:twisted: I have a feeling that the guy was lonely and wanted someone to talk to. It was a complete waste of your time when you could of been doing other things (like making files for this site). Well I can't think of anything else to say so I'll just end this post. :twisted:
loony28
Guru
Guru

Postby op_z » February 11th, 2006, 2:43 pm

loony28 wrote::twisted: I have a feeling that the guy was lonely and wanted someone to talk to.

Right.

I had a pro-hypno domina friend who had problems all the time with phone sessions. Guys would call 'wanting to be hypnotized' but they had their dicks out of their pants from the get-go, wanking away and trying to ellicit punishment talk from her by being non-cooperative.

It's hard to put someone into trance in sticky situations like that.
Fucking Jerk Offs ;)
op_z

Postby Graytail » February 26th, 2006, 4:15 pm

Just a thought here Justmeandyou, if its over the phone then can the guy relax properly?

I mean, I cant imagine its very relaxing to hold a reciever while you're trying to go under?
If he's got a speakerphone then fair enough the guy just needs to listen to you? What does he talk about while you're trying to put him under, is it just general stuff or does it have a recurring theme? Might be worth trying to get him talked out maybe, if he's paying for the call at least.
Graytail

Postby nuit09 » March 15th, 2006, 9:36 pm

On that note; i'm having problems with entering deep trance. besides the noise level change between induction and script body which is another matter all together often when i get to the brink i get a sensation like the old " i just rolled over in my body and am falling" which startles me out of trance.

Now the scripts are having an effect. i recognize behavioral and desire changes. i am also remembering dreams more often and the content of those dreams reflect the objective of the scripts i am using. But i would like to break the fear or whatever that is bouncing me out of trance 80 percent of the time.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby goldragon_70 » March 15th, 2006, 9:42 pm

nuit09 wrote:On that note; i'm having problems with entering deep trance. besides the noise level change between induction and script body which is another matter all together often when i get to the brink i get a sensation like the old " i just rolled over in my body and am falling" which startles me out of trance.

Now the scripts are having an effect. i recognize behavioral and desire changes. i am also remembering dreams more often and the content of those dreams reflect the objective of the scripts i am using. But i would like to break the fear or whatever that is bouncing me out of trance 80 percent of the time.

This use to happen when I was meditating, and would go real deep. I'm not sure what it is, I still have problems with it from time to time, but I have passed it. I think it may be going to far to fast, but It feels like I'm doing something that part of me is not ready to get to. I know, this isn't much.
In my dreams I once said, "Ahh, Yes, but how many minds does my one mind hold?".
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby nuit09 » March 15th, 2006, 10:01 pm

Well as a magician I know the lore says this is a prelude to going astral along with a buzzing noise like a swarm of bees or a roar like wind on a mountain or a chasm.

but in this case i sense that what is happening is i am on the brink and subconsciously rejecting going deeper. never the less the lighter level of trance i am able to achieve at present seems to be working moderately well.
nuit09
Guru
Guru

Postby goldragon_70 » March 15th, 2006, 10:41 pm

nuit09 wrote:Well as a magician I know the lore says this is a prelude to going astral along with a buzzing noise like a swarm of bees or a roar like wind on a mountain or a chasm.

but in this case i sense that what is happening is i am on the brink and subconsciously rejecting going deeper. never the less the lighter level of trance i am able to achieve at present seems to be working moderately well.

For some reason I only get that if I try to go down that far in a few minutes, and but not when I take my time. I also feel like I'm going tords a coma.
In my dreams I once said, "Ahh, Yes, but how many minds does my one mind hold?".
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Return to General Hypnosis