I just saw Eraserhaed

For discussing Anything and Everything.

Moderator: EMG

I just saw Eraserhaed

Postby SDoll » August 9th, 2008, 9:21 pm

That movie was disturbed. I've never done drugs before, so I have to ask: is this movie like a bad trip? Also everyone needs to see this movie. I think it might use binaurals to get you really into it.
SDoll
Mentor
Mentor

Postby steve14 » November 1st, 2008, 10:45 pm

a 1970 cult classic, the only movie i have ever watched that left me in an altered state of conciousness very cool very weird..
steve14
Regular
Regular

Postby Follower » March 22nd, 2009, 10:45 pm

Oh my goodness! David Lynch! One of my favorite directors of all time.

Anyone seen Mulholland Drive?
Follower
Regular
Regular

Postby hypnointerest » March 23rd, 2009, 12:11 pm

This has nothing to do with drugs. This is Lynch's expression of his many fears of having a child. It's pretty evident in the latter portions of the movie. (What if it doesn't come out right? What if I'm not a good parent?)
hypnointerest
Regular
Regular

Postby PieGirl » April 8th, 2009, 6:56 pm

Actually none of you are right once it comes to analyzing this movie :p Lynch himself said that it's futile to analyze it as it's personal and no on has got it right so far.
He got the inspiration from a verse from the bible, but never told which one.

Actually... I just chose to leave it at face value, and just see it as a movie about lots of fetuses and a cute dinosaur-baby :p

Seriously, the baby was so cute!. But I almost cried when the guy cut the baby up like that :( It must have hurt alot. Poor fucking baby :(
PieGirl
Regular
Regular

Postby fractured » August 14th, 2009, 3:25 am

David Lynch apparantly doesn,t do drugs but he does use a sugar overload (with coffee I think ) to help get his imagination into overdrive.
fractured

Postby ftslave67 » August 16th, 2009, 12:51 pm

Lynch has discussed and written a book about Transcendental Meditation. I think the movie is disturbed, frankly, although I have enjoyed some of his other work. To me it seems like a disturbing vision of the future--a dystopia where chemicals cause freakish behavior and genetic mutation.
ftslave67
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Dischordian » May 23rd, 2011, 9:56 am

Eraserhead and Lost highway are my favorite works of lynch, brilliant stuff...

It's hard to find more of the same, but GOZU by takashi Miike comes close. The image of the boss having sex with a soup ladle sticking out of his ass is as unforgettable as the rest of the film
Dischordian

Return to Idle Chatter